Job Vacancy Construction Supervisor, Telecommunications TAK Communications
Job title: Construction Supervisor, Telecommunications
Company: TAK Communications
Job description: Job Type
Join TAK, one of the largest and fastest growing communications, broadband, and technology service companies in America! We strive daily to provide the best customer experience, delivering on our mission of BEING OUR CUSTOMER’S HERO, EVERY DAY.
We are excited to add a Construction Supervisor to our team in the Kansas City, MO area.
- Full Time
- Paid Weekly
- Relocation Assistance Potential
- Company provided Vehicle, Phone, Tools & Work Attire
- Full Benefits Package (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with Company Match!
- 25K Company Paid Life Insurance
- Career Development & Advancement Opportunities
- Hire, train, supervise and coordinate all work efforts of assigned team members
- Complete employee performance management functions; disciplinary actions, performance reviews and ongoing development
- Read specifications, such as blueprints, to determine construction requirements and to plan procedures
- Drive assigned team to meet deadlines and produce high quality results
- Estimate material and headcount needs for successful completion of assigned projects; completing material and supply orders and requesting hires as needed
- Build and maintain positive relationships with utilities, clients, permitting agencies and government officials as needed
- Inspect work progress, equipment, and construction sites to verify safety and to ensure that customer requirements are met
- Locate, measure, and mark site locations and placement of structures and equipment, using measuring and marking equipment as needed
- Analyze worker and production problems and recommends solutions
- Maintain and enforce company, federal, and state rules and regulations including but not limited to non-discriminatory practices, payroll and overtime guidelines
- Ensure all team members are operating equipment properly, and adhering to all safety standards
- Record information such as personnel, production, and operational data on specified forms and reports
- Act as point of escalation for team, providing on the job support and completing tasks as needed
- Be your team’s expert and point of escalation, providing on the job support and information (DRUM, EQA, TAK Share point, scorecards, etc.).
- Be knowledgeable and follow all 811 One Call laws, rules and regulations.
- Ensure that resources (i.e. Company vehicle, company, and client equipment, meters, PDA’s, etc.) are secured and maintained in proper working order
- 3+ years of relevant aerial and/or underground construction leadership experience required
- Valid driver’s license, Class A CDL a plus
- OSHA 20 certification (or ability to obtain) is ideal
- Passing of all pre-employment requirements (MVR, Background Check, Drug Screen)
- Prior construction industry experience; Coax Splicing, Fiber Splicing, Directional Drilling, map reading, etc. – A plus
- Ability to be flexible and manage changing priorities
- Ability to travel in market and occasionally to other markets, open to a variety of schedules and accessible outside of normal business hours as needed
- Excellent customer service, time management, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in-person or virtually
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers
- Ability to give feedback; positive and negative when needed
- Strong desire to grow and develop team members
- Ability to complete work indoors, outdoors, in tight spaces and elevated by bending, reaching, twisting, climbing as needed
- Ability to safely navigate various terrains, managing equipment and tools
- A body weight of no more than 275 pounds to perform ladder work safely. **Safety is our #1 Priority. If personal safety is not compromised, an accommodation may be available based on previous ladder experience in a similar role.**
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Location: Raytown, MO
Job date: Sat, 02 Sep 2023 03:32:33 GMT
Apply for the job now!