Job Vacancy Construction Planner I- Telecom TrueNet Communications
Job title: Construction Planner I- Telecom
Company: TrueNet Communications
Job description: Join the TrueNet family as a Construction Planner I in the Mesa, AZ area. As a TrueNet team member you will receive competitive benefits, excellent pay, and flexible work schedules. TrueNet is a leading company in the Telecom Industry and always looking for the perfect addition.
The ideal candidate would have the ability to work with minimal supervision as well as being a successful team player, have outstanding communications skills and experience in Telecommunications.
The Construction Planner I is responsible for coordinating the activities of a project team by providing guidance, support and assisting with managing the workload of the team. This position is accountable for providing accurate reporting on projects’ status and facilitating resource needs. This role directly supports a customer requested position and typically assists with facilitating processes/projects for the customer. (This is meant to be a guide. Duties may vary dependent upon management.)
This position is a Hybrid role. The candidate will work on-site/ job site 1-2 days & work Remote/ from home the remaining 3-4 days. 40 hours week, Monday-Friday.
Essential Position Functions:
- Maintain workflow databases and update schedules. Participate in managing and estimating cost forecasts, material planning, capital and expense budgets.
- Work order review and approval; monitor various reports to ensure accuracy and develop/revise business plans as appropriate.
- Coordinate team activities/schedules to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Plan and facilitate team meetings to provide project status, communicate project changes, identify and rectify any production issues.
- Research and review plans, gather necessary data and listing material requirements for project.
- Perform field engineering of proposed projects and ensure routing delivers the most cost-effective design for construction.
- Coordinate with customer contractors, or 3rd party vendors to track jobs from start to finish, review/approve invoices and balance POs as required.
- Conduct research and review multiple jurisdictional zoning ordinances as it pertains to telecommunication facilities.
- Prepare preliminary zoning/permitting analyses in accordance with jurisdictional requirements.
- Provide site-specific design, zoning & permitting analyses for selected sites.
- Prepare zoning and permit applications.
- Acquire permits and easements, identifying environmental requirements and coordinating required project components with other departments, governmental bodies, and/or various external sources.
- Maintain an understanding of industry practices, standards and customer needs.
- Escalate any project related issues that may impact completion and/or customer satisfaction.
- Other duties as required.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of Underground and Aerial utility construction
- 2 – 5 years’ experience within the telecommunications industry required. Experience with wireless and/or cable industry a plus. Fiber optic and coaxial network topology understanding preferred
- 1 – 2 years’ experience of Communications construction experience required.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding the fundamentals of Communications construction required.
- Proven ability to plan and facilitate effective team meetings required.
- Demonstrated expertise in analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Word and Excel, required.
- Ability to prioritize and complete assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
- Able to effectively handle multiple priorities with a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communications skills.
- Must be able to work alone, and with a team.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent walking, standing, sitting within the work area.
- Lifting of up to 20 pounds less than one-third of the time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, management, peers, et al.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those of a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Up to 75% travel required.
- The work environment is that of an office position with minimal to high noise levels.
- The position requires working independently, as well as part of a team.
- This position requires verbal and face-to-face contact with others daily.
- Frequent use of a computer is necessary.
- This position requires use of all general office equipment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
TrueNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), read here
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas for this position (H1B, etc.).
TrueNet Communications is a national infrastructure engineering and specialty contractor serving the wireless, broadband, and telecommunications markets. We plan, design, build and support communications infrastructure for our clients across North America. Join our team of professionals where you can advance your career in a fast pace, GROWING industry! We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, 401k, paid time off and paid holidays.
Location: Mesa, AZ
Job date: Sat, 02 Sep 2023 03:37:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!