Job Vacancy Computer Programmer I (Telecommunications) – Verizon Crown Consulting
Job title: Computer Programmer I (Telecommunications) – Verizon
Company: Crown Consulting
Job description: Company Description
Crown Consulting, Inc. strives to connect people through driving aviation innovation and expanding aerospace and telecommunications infrastructure. We have been making a difference for our FAA and NASA customers for over 30 years, developing and supporting programs that allow the FAA to coordinate responses to natural disasters; plan use of airspace; simulate air traffic demand; develop methods and techniques to improve the efficient use of the National Airspace; and contribute to the safe and effective control of air traffic. Our work in air traffic and flight simulation has provided the FAA the tools that are used today to effectively manage constraints imposed by severe weather or closed runways.
We offer a competitive benefits package including matching 401K, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans. We have been voted one of the best places to work in the Washington, DC area. We have built this reputation by hiring great people who value and support the mission of our customers. Come experience the Crown difference.
Crown was voted as “One of the DC region’s Top Workplaces in 2021.”
Crown is seeking a Computer Programmer I to support the Test & Evaluation team with Verizon. The candidate will primarily be responsible for the development of manual and automation test scripts to support consistent, repeatable execution of test procedures and methods.
This position supports work to plan, establish and conduct laboratory testing of telecommunications equipment, software and procedures as well as prepare supporting documentation. Experience with up-to-date telecommunications systems is required and FAA telecommunications systems is preferred but not required.
- Develop sequences of procedures that execute T&E of virtualized applications IAW the FENS CMTP
- Design and develop support systems and configuration scripts and activities to reconfigure servers, network devices, virtualized operating systems and applications
- Program server hardware and software applications within the lab testbed that support T&E of safety critical functionality and security framework.
- Closely monitor system and server performance and resulting output of T&E procedures
- Engage with vendors for application specific installation, configuration, operations and scenarios, and overall management.
- Recognize, diagnose, analyze, and resolve complex system and application problems”
- U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidates must be able to obtain Public Trust.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other relevant fields is required
- Must have 1-5 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of testing processes and troubleshooting methodologies, ability to analyze operational scenarios and make recommendations on solutions
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Ability to analyze a process and provide recommendations on improvements
- Knowledge of database and SQL environments
- Critical thinking skills
Visit: for additional information on our company.
Crown is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a government contractor, most of Crown’s positions require US Citizenship.
Persons unable to complete an online application should contact Crown HR for assistance at (703) 650-0663 ext. 4011.
Crown is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Location: Richardson, TX
Job date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 00:44:36 GMT
Apply for the job now!