Job Vacancy ComEd – Sr Engineer – Project Manager Exelon
Job title: ComEd – Sr Engineer – Project Manager
Job description: We’re powering a cleaner, brighter future.
Exelon is leading the energy transformation, and we’re calling all problem solvers, innovators, community builders and change makers. Work with us to deliver solutions that make our diverse cities and communities stronger, healthier and more resilient.
We’re powered by purpose-driven people like you who believe in being inclusive and creative, and value safety, innovation, integrity and community service. We are a Fortune 200 company, 19,000 colleagues strong serving more than 10 million customers at six energy companies — Atlantic City Electric (ACE), Baltimore Gas and Electric (BGE), Commonwealth Edison (ComEd), Delmarva Power & Light (DPL), PECO Energy Company (PECO), and Potomac Electric Power Company (Pepco).
In our relentless pursuit of excellence, we elevate diverse voices, fresh perspectives and bold thinking. And since we know transforming the future of energy is hard work, we provide competitive compensation, incentives, excellent benefits and the opportunity to build a rewarding career.
Are you in?
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Develops and/or leads teams in studies, plans, criteria, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents, performance assessments, integrated systems analysis, cost estimates, budgets, associated with the planning, design, licensing, construction, commissioning, operation, and maintenance of Exelon’s electric generation, transmission, distribution, gas and telecommunication facilities/systems. Provides consultation and recommendations to the Company within and to other business units and/or customers as a result of studying company or customer-owned systems, processes, equipment, vehicles or facilities. Reviews financial data from budget and actual costs of projects. Provides technical expertise to strategic, legislative and operational decisions. Participates in creating, updating, and applying internal/industry standards and technology in a specialized area of expertise. Trains and mentors others. Position may be required to work extended hours for coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Independently lead diverse project teams (including contractors) to complete Relay Upgrade work at various Substations and job sites. (40%)
- Use expertise to review and develop detailed scope of work documents and estimates through coordination with other engineering teams and resources (25%)
- Manage and track financial status and schedule of all assigned projects; identify, communicate, and mitigate risks as necessary (15%)
- Provides recommendations to management and implements action plans to improve performance and cost effectiveness. (5%)
- Develop expertise in Relays, SCADA, and Communication devices and associated protection schemes (5%)
- Acts as an expert witness or provide expert opinions as required. (5%)
- Provides detailed technical training, mentorship, peer review, and/or guidance to others. (5%)
- Serve as a technical project manager overseeing multiple projects at a time focused on relay upgrades. Includes development of detailed estimates, schedule setting, leading project team meetings, risk identification, and coordination of contracted or internal resources. Requires organization, ability to work in a team setting, and strong communication skills.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Licensed Professional Engineer (2) (3) Knowledge of engineering designs, principles and practices
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex electrical and mechanical systems.
- Knowledge and ability to apply problem solving approaches and engineering theory.
- Detailed knowledge of applicable standards, codes methods, and practices unique to areas of expertise.
- 7+ years of professional engineering experience (1) (3) (See Note 3. Thorough knowledge and experience in unique areas of engineering expertise.
- Ability to apply advanced engineering principles to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Minimum of three related career experiences (4) (i.e., changes in technical job responsibilities, which may or may not include a change in department) OR
- Lead Member of a recognized industry committee OR
- Professional Engineer’s License (2), advanced technical degree, MBA or Project Management Certification (1) Master’s degree in Engineering reduces the OJT experience requirement by 1 year. (2) License must be issued by the state in which you are practicing. (3) PE License reduces the OJT experience requirement by 1 year. (4) Career related experiences is defined as changes in technical job responsibilities and does not have to include a change in department.
- Note: Items (1) and (3) are mutually inclusive, whereby the maximum experience requirement reduction is one (1) year (e.g., in the case of an employee with both a master’s degree in Engineering AND a PE license, the minimum experience requirement would be reduced by one (1) year).
- Graduate degree (1) or Graduate level work in Engineering, Business Administration or Project Management Certification
- Licensed Professional Engineer (2) (3)
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all management levels
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to analyze trends and implement enhancements
- Previous Project Management Experience
- Background in Relay, SCADA, or Communications equipment
Location: Oakbrook Terrace, IL
Job date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 06:47:44 GMT
Apply for the job now!