Job Vacancy Clinic RN- IVF UT Southwestern Medical Center
Job title: Clinic RN- IVF
Company: UT Southwestern Medical Center
Job description: Ambulatory Registered Nurse
Why UT Southwestern?
With over 75 years of excellence in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, UT Southwestern is committed to excellence, innovation, teamwork, and compassion. As a world-renowned medical and research center, we strive to provide the best possible care and resources for our valued patients and employees. Ranked as the in Dallas-Fort Worth for the sixth consecutive year, we invite you to continue your healthcare career with us at UT Southwestern. You will discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, and consistent opportunities for learning and advancement into leadership roles.
Join UT Southwestern as an Ambulatory Registered Nurse (RN) within our IVF Clinic and help with our commitment to deliver compassionate care and all-around excellence. As a RN, you will support the IVF Clinic by providing excellent patient education for the patient and their families, triaging, and supporting the clinic.
At UT Southwestern, the possibilities to advance your career are limitless. We would love the opportunity to have you join the UT Southwestern IVF Clinic!
Compliance with the COVID-19 vaccine mandate enforced by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) is a requirement for this position. Federal law requires individuals holding this position to be fully vaccinated or have an approved exemption medical, disability, or religious reasons. Individuals who do not meet CMS vaccination requirements are not eligible and should not apply for this position but are encouraged to apply for other non-healthcare positions at UT Southwestern for which they qualify.
Experience and Education
Licensure as Registered Nurse by Board of Nurse Examiners for State of Texas and CPR certification or Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, course accredited by the American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross (ARC), are required. One (1) year of clinical nursing experience is preferred.
· 1. Delivers nursing interventions utilizing critical reasoning and astute clinical judgment in order to expedite appropriate care and treatment using the nursing process to assess, implement, and record patients’ response in the medical record.
· Provides care in a variety of ways including face-to-face office encounter, telecommunication via telephone or MyChart.
· Telehealth nursing utilizes evidenced based care standards to assess, triage, provide nursing consultation, and perform follow-up and surveillance of patients’ status and outcomes.
· At each patient encounter, the RN focuses on patient safety and the quality of nursing care by applying appropriate nursing interventions, such as identifying and clarifying patient needs, performing procedures, conducting health education, promoting patient advocacy, coordinating nursing and other health services, assisting the patient to navigate the health care system, and evaluating patient outcomes.
· Act as partners and advisors to assist and support patients and families to optimally manage their health care, respecting their culture and values, individual needs, health goals and treatment preferences.
· Facilitates continuity of care using the nursing process, multidisciplinary collaboration, and coordination of appropriate health care services and community resources across the care continuum.
· Provides leadership and clinical working supervision to licensed vocational nurses, non-licensed medical staff, or office support personnel.
· The RN provides operational accountability for delegation of tasks to unlicensed personnel.
· Participates in the design and evaluation of ambulatory nursing services to make recommendation of policy and/or procedural changes according to nursing expertise.
· Attends and participates in meetings related to clinical activities.
· Provides nursing care using the nursing process during all aspects of care including office visits, retrievals, transfers, and medical procedures.
· Provides patient education on REI treatment protocols, medications, infertility procedures, and documents patient’s response in medical record ensuring appropriately documentation of interventions.
· Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: (a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; (b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; (c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or (d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
· **Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Compliance with the COVID-19 vaccine mandate enforced by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) is a requirement for this position. Federal law requires individuals holding this position to be fully vaccinated or have an approved exemption for certain medical, disability, or religious reasons. Individuals who do not meet CMS vaccination requirements are not eligible and should not apply for this position but are encouraged to apply for other non-healthcare positions at UT Southwestern for which they qualify.
For COVID-19 vaccine information, applicants should visit
To learn more about the benefits UT Southwestern offers, visit
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. As an equal opportunity employer, UT Southwestern prohibits unlawful discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or veteran status. To learn more, please visit:
Location: Dallas, TX
Job date: Sat, 05 Aug 2023 06:55:19 GMT
Apply for the job now!