Job Vacancy Cash Equities Analytics Developer J Harlan Group
Job title: Cash Equities Analytics Developer
Company: J Harlan Group
Job description: Cash Equities Analytics Developer
NYC Investment Bank
J Harlan Group is currently conducting a search for a Cash Equities Analytics Developer at a global investment bank to join a talented global technology team focused on high quality and consistent delivery to support the firm in meeting their business objectives.
The client is a leading provider of Trading services in Global equity markets. The Cash Equities Desk supports major global institutional clients as well as internal Program Trading / Cash trading desks. They are largely data driven and highly customized to meet client needs. Expansion in the client base and growing demands for enhanced quantitative trading solutions have led the equities business to further invest in the Data Analytics Technology.
This role is an addition to the existing Client and Algo Analytics UI development team to implement new UI modules in the existing product suite. The existing product provides client level analytics for sales traders and Algo analytics for Electronic traders, the ideal candidate would have a strong development background with a passion to understand sales trading, automated trading. This is an entry level role for a person who would want to have a career in Sales Trading Analytics / Algorithmic Trading technology.
This fast growing and dynamic investment organization is experiencing exceptional growth and is looking for exceptional people to power its next phase of growth. The Cash Equities Analytics Developer will be a significant contributor in enabling their vision and helping the organization to grow and improve their Algorithmic / Electronic Trading business.
- Be part of the Global Equities UI Development team with a focus on US Equities providing Algorithmic Trading monitoring front ends.
- Develop functional and technical understanding of the existing UI suite which is developed in C# and Java.
- Interface with business and quant team directly on projects to document and capture ideas.
- UI and backend development (C#/Java) including framework development where required
- Agile development – TDD / Unit tests, Code Reviews.
- Involve other teams (QA/Compliance/Middle Office/Support/) as and when required
- Provide Level2 support for production systems
The ideal candidate would have a background including:
- 1-5 years hands on development experience with main responsibility of at least one core component
- C# and/or Java development
- Experience with trading systems is desired but not a must
- Strong analytical skills
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or Math with a background in Computer Science / Engineering, Mathematical or related educational background
- Experience with lively, organic, highly collaborative environments
An individual who loves solving deep and complex technical and business problems and wants to have an outsized impact with the products they build and deliver. An individuals with a passion for investment technology, high level of intellectual curiosity, a commitment to excellence and an unparalleled drive to deliver world-class software.
They seek candidates who are high-energy self-starters who want to join an investment banking firm on the leading edge of the global markets. The management team needs individuals of the highest professional caliber who are leaders, problem solvers, analytic, detail-oriented, and entrepreneurial. Everyone at the firm works in a highly collaborative and charged environment.
Successful candidates are:
- Analytic and relentless in pursuit of the right answer
- Strong communicators who excel at rapid synthesis
- Able to demonstrate sound business judgment
- Able to digest complexity while maintaining an understanding of the “big picture” of business needs
- Team players who are energized by a collaborative enterprise
About the Client:
The firm is a major Global Investment Bank with expertise in banking, they operate in over 50 countries and employ over 14,000 people worldwide. They’re one of the largest financial services providers in the world, and are also engaged in retail banking, credit cards, corporate banking, and wealth and investment management. They provide large corporate, government and institutional clients with a full spectrum of solutions to their strategic advisory, financing and risk management needs.
The firm’s employees maintain the highest professional and ethical standards. The firm has earned a reputation for honesty, fair dealing, and transparency in a competitive industry. They believe that these standards are the foundation for superior investment performance and are critical to delivering performance to clients
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 22:31:22 GMT
Apply for the job now!