Job Vacancy CAD Designer – Fullerton [HYBRID] Southern California Edison
Job title: CAD Designer – Fullerton [HYBRID]
Company: Southern California Edison
Job description: This base pay range is for a pay grade that encompasses this position and a variety of other positions at the company. The pay offered to the successful candidate may vary depending on the position and multiple individualized factors, including job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Represented IBEW Local 47
This pay range represents the rates of pay for step 1 to the maximum step for this position. The pay range and the specific pay for the successful candidate are determined in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement between Southern California Edison Company and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 47. Job Description
Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a CAD Designer at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you’ll develop layouts for components and systems and selects material. Prepare design drawings, calculations, and bills of material from engineering documents associated with the planning, design, construction, operation, and maintenance of the Company’s distribution system, and telecommunication system. You will also perform complex design assignments within a specific engineering discipline. You may also lead a group and/or provide functional direction to other CAD designers and support staff.
As a CAD Designer, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life – Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Prepare scaled work order maps using computer aided design software (CAD) such as Autodesk Utility Design (AUD) and Design Manager (DM).
- Draw map(s) using the correct mapping symbols, call-outs, decals, proper tie downs, etc.
- Check Planner’s redlines for accuracy and completeness prior to completing the drafting/drawing.
- Complete engineering functions and calculations based on field information and redline from Planner (i.e., cable pulling, voltage drop, flicker, utilizing station sheets, etc.).
- Input pole loading information in SPIDA software based on field information and redlines from Planner.
- Prepare joint pole authorizations based on field information and redline from Planner.
- Input customer, project, and billing information (i.e., completes faceplate, verifies allowances, updates labor requirements).
- Consult with Planners and other planning personnel to prepare design drawings and modifications as required.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Three or more years of CAD drafting experience
- Three or more years applying electric utility Design Standards
- Associate degree in Engineering field or two years in a technical school with emphasis in computer aided drafting (CAD), math or engineering technology.
- AutoCad, AutoDesk Software, and/or AutoCAD certificate.
- Design/drafting in CAD for electric utility, electrical distribution design, engineering design, or construction work preferred.
- Design drafting experience using AutoDesk Utility Design (AUD)
- Experience working in Design Manager (DM)
- Experience with SCE Design Standards
- Drafting and design practices and related engineering practices.
- Reviewing rough sketches, drawings specifications, and creating conceptual drawings in computer aided design software.
Finalizing engineering product drawings with critical dimensions, performance specifications, and quality specifications to be in compliance with design standards and procedures. * Conducting quality review on designs, checks for inaccuracies, omissions, or compliance issues and providing recommendations.
You should know
- This position’s work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees are required to reside in the state of California. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit our
to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and hiring process, and more!
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don’t just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833) 343-0727.
Location: Fullerton, CA
Job date: Sun, 06 Aug 2023 05:58:22 GMT
Apply for the job now!