Job Vacancy Business Network for Logistics Solution Advisor SAP
Job title: Business Network for Logistics Solution Advisor
Job description: We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
Title: Business Network for Logistics Solution Advisor
Location: Virtual; North America
Do you demand the best from your professional career? Are you inspired by excellence? At SAP, you will have the power to make a real impact. As the global market leader for business software, SAP helps companies and organizations in more than 25 industries to run better.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
This purpose of this role is to help SAP customers understand the capabilities and business value of the SAP Business Network, with particular emphasis on Logistics. The role of the solution advisor is to understand a prospective customer and its challenges, provide compelling and memorable solution demonstrations, and be a trusted advisor through strong business acumen and product knowledge. The solution advisor must help the customer envision an end-to-end business process which involves multiple applications including SAP ERP, Transportation Management, Business Network applications, and other complimenting solutions. The Solution Advisor will be a key participant in sales cycles as a member of the virtual account team in support of the sales account strategy. The Solution Advisor interacts with prospective customers through executive meetings, discovery conversations, solution demonstrations, executive presentations, and follow-up discussions.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Expert understanding of end-to-end core business processes of Transportation Management for both inbound and outbound freight. Furthermore, knowledge of Business Network capabilities including Freight Collaboration, Global Track and Trace, Material Traceability, and Intelligent Insights.
- Ability to facilitate customer discussions and elaborate on the areas of proposed improvements
- Good understanding of broader Business Network solution areas including Supply Chain Collaboration, and Asset Collaboration.
- Knowledge of visibility solution partners who provide shipment tracking information and the role they play in the end-to-end logistics process.
- Good understanding of strategic freight planning
- Good understanding of invoice and settlement process for complex multi-model shipments
- Good understanding 3PLs and the role they play in the freight collaboration and shipment tracking scenarios.
- Ability to provide guidance and support for customer Proof of Concepts working with Solution Experience organization as required.
- Compose and deliver superior sales presentations covering SAP and partner software solutions to prospective customers
- Collaborate with sales teams on deal strategy and support the presales tasks of agreed upon strategy.
- Provide support for initial customer discoveries to determine if their requirements fit your solution.
- Supports business value creation in all accounts by leveraging presales value cycle process (Engage, Plan, Discover, Prepare, Dry-Run, Present, Wrap-up)
- Complete sections of SAP responses to RFIs and RFPs.
- Prepare and deliver value-based software demonstrations/presentations in support of sales cycles. Preparation includes personalization of materials to ensure delivery of a simple, appealing and compelling customer presentation.
- Ability to effectively present to customers “remotely” using virtual technologies (SAP Virtual Studio, Teams) and support the creation of digital assets
- Communicate the business requirements to project/implementation team after completion of sale to ensure a smooth transition from presales to implementation stage
- Collaborate with sales teams to participate in various one-to-many lead generating activities.
- Participate in account strategy sessions with the intent of developing solution “whitespace” recommendations, target solution lists, and proposed demand generation plans.
- Supports SAP Partner development and maturation to help drive partner sales.
- Stays current on all new solution updates in their primary and secondary solutions
- Understand competitive solutions.
- Actively participates in their Solution Community of Practice
- Mentor other Solution Advisors to enable them to support Level 1-2 deal support in your solution area.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- University degree
- Business expertise in logistics.
- Good understanding in broader Supply Chain processes is an additional advantage
- Highly self-motivated
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Languages: Proficiency in business English
- Ability to create and deliver PowerPoint presentations conveying technical information and hold attention of large audience
- Ability to clearly explain complex information to SAP customers
- Ability to act as a Solution Captain (lead SE on the Virtual Account Team with the responsibility of coordinating all other SE’s on the Virtual Account Team)
- Travel: no restrictions to global travel. Majority of travel will be in the region
Five (5) years of selling experience of enterprise class software
Ten (10) years of functional work experience including at least five (5) years’ experiences in Transportation Management or other Logistics applications in a consulting, Presales or solution management role
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees.
We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: [email protected].
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Compensation Range Transparency: SAP believes the value of pay transparency contributes towards an honest and supportive culture and is a significant step toward demonstrating SAP’s commitment to pay equity. SAP provides the annualized compensation range inclusive of base salary and variable incentive target for the career level applicable to the posted role. The targeted combined range for this position is 126,900 – 270,500 USD. The actual amount to be offered to the successful candidate will be within that range, dependent upon the key aspects of each case which may include education, skills, experience, scope of the role, location, etc. as determined through the selection process. Any SAP variable incentive includes a targeted dollar amount and any actual payout amount is dependent on company and personal performance. Please reference this link for a summary of SAP benefits and eligibility requirements: .
Requisition ID: 378541 | Work Area: Sales Support | Expected Travel: 0 – 30% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: Virtual – USA #LI-Hybrid
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Job date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 22:14:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!