Job Vacancy Business Development Specialist (Music Education Industry) MusicBreeds
Job title: Business Development Specialist (Music Education Industry)
Job description: About Us
Our Mission at MusicBreeds is to support the professional development of underserved young musicians in disadvantaged communities by increasing their access to life skills, training and resources that can enhance their creative capacity, improve their level of self-awareness, sharpen their financial literacy, and promote holistic self-development. With these, we hope to empower them with everything they need to consistently create marketable content that can help them stay competitive in an unbalanced market system.
MusicBreeds works to develop in young musicians the traits that are not only important during their musical discovery, but which will lend to their lifelong success! These traits are embedded in our curriculum, our instructional methods, and our positive guidance approach!
We’re seeking a qualified Business Development Specialist to extend our reach through expert discovery and exploration of new and untapped business opportunities and relationships. Our ideal candidate will be trusted to dive right in, take the lead, use initiative, and help build our brand. Highly skilled at sales and business operations, this person will join and inspire a team of like-minded go-getters to achieve our company vision. Managing both our existing sales pipeline and developing new business opportunities.
What You’ll Do:
- Nurturing both our existing school district partnerships and developing new partnerships with educational and music arts institutions
- Take a lead role in the development of proposals and presentations for new materials to create and build new educational arts opportunities and partnerships
- Identify trends and school program needs, building a short/medium/long-term sales pipeline in accordance with targets
- Develop strategies and positions by analyzing new program integration
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of marketing strategies, and delegate tasks that achieve strategic goals
- Motivate the team, track performance, and report metrics
- Monitor and evaluate school industry trends and education drivers and meet regularly with management and stakeholders to discuss strategy
- Manage proposal response process, including detailed requirements, content creation, and inputs from various sources
- Generate new industry leads, identify, and contact key decision-makers and board memebers, screen potential partnership opportunities, select the deals in line with strategies, and lead and facilitate music education pitch logistics
- Develop and implement overarching outbound sales and business development strategy, sales processes, structure, and best practices across the company
- Support deal structure and pricing with business value analysis; negotiate prices for proactive bids and proposals
- Maintain and share professional knowledge through education, networking, events, and presentations
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or management
- Successful track record in sales and negotiation
- Background in Music Education and Not-for-Profit sales
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with data analysis, forecasting, and budgeting
- Proven ability to plan and manage resources
- Experience with CRM software (i.e., Salesforce)
- Ability to deliver presentations and pitches
If you’re interested in this role, passionate about our mission, and could see yourself being an amazing addition to our team – don’t let a few missing qualifications stop you! You may not be selected for an interview, but you could also be the best person for the job – the only way we’ll find out is if you apply!
You are welcome at MusicBreeds for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or how you express yourself. Music is universal, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. We want every team member to feel our commitment to showing respect for all and encouraging open collaboration and communication.
*Note that this is a remote position, but candidate should live in the Tri-State area for on-site activities as needed.
What This Role Offers You
- Comprehensive salary
- Parental leave
- 401K with match
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision
- Commuter benefits
- Stipends (cell phones, etc)
- Work from anywhere policy
Powered by JazzHR
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Mon, 22 Aug 2022 02:28:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!