Job Vacancy Business Development Specialist, M&A N. Harris Computer Corporation – USA
Job title: Business Development Specialist, M&A
Company: N. Harris Computer Corporation – USA
Job description: Harris Computer, the largest operating group of Constellation Software Inc. (TSX:CSU), is looking for a Business Development Specialist based in the USA or Canada to join our expanding team of talented business development professionals on the mergers and acquisitions (M&A) team. This team works closely with Harris’ senior management in continuing the company’s success in acquiring software businesses.
This role is a full-time, remote, work from home position. We will consider candidates from anywhere in North America. As a Business Development Specialist, you will report to the Director of Business Development.
In this role you will be responsible for sourcing new acquisitions, developing relationships with key decision makers and performing investment opportunity origination activities related to vertical market software businesses.
You will be successful in this role if you are a people-person, have solid business acumen, love to continuously learn, experiment and have a passion for creating and maintaining relationships. Prior business development experience is helpful but not necessary. Financial literacy, solid interpersonal abilities and understanding of software and technology businesses are considered assets.
In this role you will:
- Directly engage the decision makers at software businesses to identify, maintain and nurture acquisition opportunities for Harris, using a suite of communication and customer relationship management tools.
- Continue relationships with our existing network of acquisition targets.
- Become the senior account manager of Harris’ M&A relationships in your area of coverage.
- Effectively communicate Harris’ investment strategy, while ensuring that the investment process is handled with care and professionalism.
- Support the M&A team in qualifying potential company targets.
- Track activities and maintain relevant information in Salesforce.
- Generate and report on leads, set up qualified investment opportunities and move opportunities through the M&A pipeline to our M&A transactions team.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of related business experience. Sales, business development, consulting, banking, investing, M&A sourcing, technology/software, investor relations or entrepreneurship/start-up experience are all considered valuable experience and will be highly considered
- Aptitude and passion for business development and relationship management
- Exceptional people skills, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with excellent prioritization and multi-tasking abilities who thrives on new challenges and takes initiative
- Experimentation is part of what we do at Harris. All candidates will be considered, if you think you may be a good fit for the role, we want to hear from you
What we offer:
- Attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, quarterly and annual variable bonus incentives.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage from your first day of employment.
- Flexible, remote work.
Harris Computer – based in Ottawa, Ontario – acquires vertical market software businesses, manages them using industry best practices, and builds them for the future. Through acquisitions, Harris has grown extensively from its roots in the utilities, local government, education, and healthcare sectors to operate over 170 businesses globally across more than twenty industries. Harris is the largest operating group of Constellation Software Inc. (TSX: CSU), the most effective acquirer of Software business globally.
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Job date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 22:21:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!