Job Vacancy Business Development Rep I – Payment Processing and SMB IT/Telecom Solutions (Clearwater, FL) Nerd Holdings Corporation
Job title: Business Development Rep I – Payment Processing and SMB IT/Telecom Solutions (Clearwater, FL)
Company: Nerd Holdings Corporation
Job description: Business Development Rep I – Payment Processing and SMB IT/Telecom Solutions
About our organization
Nerd Merchant Solutions is our payment processing and point of sale subsidiary of Nerd Holdings Corp. Nerd Holdings Corp owns and operates many entities within the technology and telecom space. Nerd Merchant Solutions was created to help small and medium businesses get better pricing within the payment processing space while getting fortune 500 technology to run their business without breaking the bank. Unlike every other payment processing company, we can offer telecommunication and technology solutions to our customers which leads to a more complete solution while earning more commissions and residuals. Business owners like single points of contact and we can offer that.
This role will be primarily based in our Novi, Michigan office, however this is a business development role which will require field sales, occasional travel, and work from home. Depending on territory (as listed in the job posting), this role may be remote or solely in one of our offices. We’re in the process of opening offices in Clearwater, FL, Scottsdale, AZ, and several other locations throughout the United States. As offices open, the candidate may be assigned to an office closest to their residency. Milage reimbursement and per diem will be provided depending on the compensation plan applicant selects. Reliable transportation is required. Clean driving record is required.
(Apply to the location nearest to you. We will post positions throughout our operating territories)
- The primary role of this position is to grow our merchant services and point of sale solutions offering to small and medium businesses.
- Reps will need to prospect for new clients via phone, in person visits, chamber of commerce events, and other peer to peer networking events. We do have internal sales leads available as well.
- Reps will provide customer service and support as needed for existing customers within the rep’s book of customers in addition to existing customers without an assigned representative.
- Reps will need to cross-sale our VoIP/Business Phone Systems and IT solutions to prospective customers.
- Our sister company Nerd Tel offers affordable business voice and data solutions for small and medium-sized businesses. This is an easy sale as we give one year base voice services for free for new merchants.
- Smart Ass Nerds is our sister company offering managed IT, cyber security, cloud, structured cabling and infrastructure solutions, security cameras and access control systems, and web design and development. We offer new merchants a new website for under $500 when they switch processing over to us.
- Reps must be able to accurately position our payment processing solutions in terms of point of sale, in person terminals, online processing, in addition to proposing add on solutions.
- Reps will need to be able to read existing processing statements and propose and a competitive pricing winning solution. (We will train statement reading)
- Reps will need to have a base understanding of phone systems and business IT in which we will train this information.
This is a normal business hours role of Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time zone and closed all major holidays.
This role is considered an entry level business development role. This role is for new business development reps and those with 1 to 5 years of business development experience with cross selling experience.
A successful candidate must have the following:
- Due to card compliance and federal regulations, all candidates must be able to pass a background check. You cannot have any felonies. Any misdemeanors around misconduct, fraud, forgery, conversion, or anything along those lines cannot be considered for this position.
- Must have a valid drivers license and reliable transportation (Excludes NYC, DC, LA, or other areas where mass transit is sufficient as long as it’s within the assigned territory).
- Professional communication skills for conversations occurring in person, over the phone, and via email/online communication.
- Must be able to listen to customer needs and offer an appropriate solution to meet those needs while crossing selling our other services within the IT and telecommunications space.
- Reps must be able to do basic business mathematics such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in addition to being able to do math with basis points. We can train candidates on math with basis points. We have tools to help reps become successful.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED. We will consider high school seniors with a GPA of 3.4 or higher.
- Reps should be able to work with multiple prospects at the same time while maintaining accuracy in addition to using CRM tools to track customers and prospects.
A bonus if you have:
- If you have existing payment processing experience. Experience can come from independent processing sales or bank processing sales. You cannot have an active non-compete agreement.
- Experience selling business voice and technology solutions.
- Business/Marketing Degree so you can show our company value to customers
- Experience working with small and medium sized businesses within the food service and retail spaces.
- Point of sale experience so you can assist customers with set-up.
- Great communication skills and perfect grammar as we deal with business owners spanning multiple generations.
Why work for us?
- Unlike other competitors in the industry, we didn’t overpay for a payment processing business so we can offer merchants better rates with better service and not lie about the costs.
- We offer point of sale solutions without upfront costs for hardware which is a game changer compared to our competitors such as Square, Clover, and Toast
- We offer merchants daily funding 365 days a year without a 1% fee for the service. This alone closes more deals than you could with Clover or Square
- All point of sale solutions and software packages are commissionable unlike clover, square, and toast.
- We can support large enterprises which means you can sell to anyone. Our sister company supports many tiers one auto suppliers.
- You can earn money as you’re in more than just one area of sales. Unlike traditional business development rep roles with our competitors where you either sell communications or processing, you can sell technology, processing, and telecommunications to our customers which will always allow you to close a deal.
- We offer competitive compensation plans from independent reps, to commission only, to split pay in addition to bonus compensation.
- With our business development rep roles, we offer the following compensation models:
- Independent rep with bonus compensation and residuals. This role can allow you to remain independent and earn a residual income with some bonus income.
- Hourly/Salary rep which will give you regular earnings potential while maintaining the ability to earn bonuses based on certain metrics.
- Commission only reps can earn the highest income as they are compensated by performance. In this role, commission only, reps will earn commission upon deal closings in addition to ongoing residuals.
The compensation range for hourly only reps would be $12-$16 an hour plus performance-based bonuses. Total annual compensation with a bonus would be between $35,000 and $50,000 a year based on full time and bonus pay. The hourly rate is determined based on market and experience.
For commission only reps’, total annual compensation with performance-based bonus would be between $54,000 and $200,000. This range factors in compounding residuals in addition to commissions and bonus pay.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Clearwater, FL
Job date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 05:51:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!