Job Vacancy Business Development – Insurance GPAC
Job title: Business Development – Insurance
Job description: Position: Business Development Officer – Insurance
Location: FULLY REMOTE
- The Business Development Officer has responsibility for new and renewal business. The position will be responsible for driving profitable growth with specific retail and wholesale brokers in multiple regions of the country. Lines of business include Accident & Health (sports/entertainment/guilds/horse racing) entertainment film packages, motorsports, property, inland marine, general liability, automobile, umbrella, and workers’ compensation. We are looking for a candidate who is highly motivated, results oriented, creative, with solid business and sales acumen.
- Generate new business and develop current relationships to meet or exceed revenue goals with agency partners located in your territory.
- Forecast distribution channel premium on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Represent the company in meetings with distribution partners, seminars, trade shows and networking events.
- Prospect, on-board, and train new distribution partners and agents.
- Create strategic plans to maximize the company’s positions within the agency.
- Identify and execute opportunities to further engagement with current partners including new product development.
- Ability to travel extensively as needed. Time will be spent visiting partners.
- Essential skills include collaborating/innovating with underwriters, operations, claims, marketing, regulatory and senior management.
- Obtain all relevant information not included with the initial submission to ensure a thorough evaluation of the risk.
- Review and evaluate renewal business and recommend appropriate actions to attain premium rate and loss ratio objectives.
- Develop and maintain positive and constructive working relationships with retail and wholesale brokerage professionals and their production sources to attract and retain clients.
Position: Business Development Officer
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5+ years of sales experience
- Experience in Accident & Health, P&C, is required
- Entertainment insurance experience is a bonus. Contingency product experience a plus.
- Review terms and pricing of competitors with the ability to win new accounts from competition.
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate success in marketing, producer management, new business development, and the ability to successfully negotiate on all levels with both internal and external partners.
- Teamwork, communication, innovation, and negotiation skills required. Candidate will need a solid background in risk analysis and experience with complex accounts.
- Possess a high degree of proficiency with the insurance process
- Knowledge and proficiency with technical issues, compliance, coverage, products, and pricing strategies expected.
- The ability to be creative and adaptable in a changing, rapid busines
Expected salary: $80000 – 100000 per year
Location: Detroit, MI
Job date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 22:26:11 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Tags: Business business development corporate support customer service design Development e-commerce GPAC insurance Job Marketing project management startup technical Vacancy