Job Vacancy Business Development Executive – Minneapolis Ascend Technologies
Job title: Business Development Executive – Minneapolis
Company: Ascend Technologies
Job description: Job description
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE – MINNEAPOLIS, MN
Ascend Technologies is a growing Managed Services Provider based in Chicago. We enable business growth through innovation and technology. We pride ourselves in helping our clients make IT investments with confidence. Our team is successful and growing together because we focus on supporting our clients and each other.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Development Executive to join our growing Sales team. This position’s primary responsibility is to develop opportunities and close business for Ascend Technologies Managed Services offerings. This will be accomplished through strong new account development strategies and execution, consultative selling focused on business outcomes, and effective execution toward gaining customer commitment. This role supports the long-term company strategic goals, builds key client relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates, and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
This is a collaborative position, working with other teams and managers to identify ways to increase sales opportunities and maximizing revenue growth for the company.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years successful managed services sales experience.
- Minimum of 5 years successful new account development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business, Marketing, or a technology field.
- Ability to confidently develop relationships with the highest-level decision makers in an organization.
- Ability to sell in a consultative manner focusing on business outcomes.
- Experience with premium, complex B2B services sales.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, follow-up, negotiation, and closing skills. The position requires a strong emphasis on the ability to develop and follow through on sales and account plans.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, initiative, and creativity with the ability to identify and convey successful sales/marketing approaches and techniques.
- PC and Internet skills with a firm grasp of how to use Microsoft Office tools and Salesforce.
- Occasional travel is required.
Develop New Accounts and Opportunities –
- Develop, document, communicate, and execute on an effective strategy to engage with new clients
- Identify opportunities for Ascend Managed Services offerings including Cloud & Infrastructure Management, Cybersecurity Management, Service Desk, and Salesforce.
- Identify client needs and pain points and discuss Ascend Managed Services offerings that will help resolve these challenges.
- Drive customer interest in Ascend Managed Services offerings.
Qualify Opportunities –
- Accountable to determine if the team is focused on the right accounts and contacts. Does the client or prospect have the need? Do they have the budget? Are you working with the right contacts? Are there strong business drivers ensuring they will take action?
Lead Ascend Team Through Sales Process –
- Accountable for the development, documentation, communications, and execution of strategies for all accounts and opportunities.
- Lead Ascend resources in support of opportunity pursuits.
- Utilize effective consultative selling to focus on business outcomes.
- Own the customer relationship. Ensure customer satisfaction.
- Lead the preparation and delivery of sales proposals, contracts, and other business development documents.
Close Business and Achieve Targets –
- Articulate differentiators and Ascend value.
- Understand competition.
- Set the stage early and often – explain the client journey and take them through it.
- Be an effective negotiator.
Manage Your Business –
- Accurate forecasting.
- Meet and exceed quota.
- Ensure Salesforce has accurate data regarding your accounts and opportunities
- Effective customer issue resolution.
How You Will Excel:
- Collaborative & Understanding – You have a team-driven sales engagement style and can take a deep dive into a client’s business operations to develop customized solutions.
- Communicative – You are articulate, have strong presentation skills, and can distill and explain technical information to an unversed audience.
- Driven & Adept – You are a true sales “hunter” with the drive to seek out new clients
This is a full-time position with generous base + commission comp structure. You will have the flexibility to work fully remote within the Midwest/Central U.S. area.
We offer medical (BCBS IL), dental, vision, life & disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, voluntary accident and illness coverage, legal services, and 401k w/employer match. Ascend also extends a flexible time off policy to provide employees a healthy balance of life’s demands.
Ascend Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We believe prosperity is driven by the diversity of our employees. We celebrate authenticity and provide a safe and inclusive environment for all.
We look forward to reviewing your application and thank you so much for your interest in Ascend!
Ascend Technologies, Recruiting Manager
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Job date: Mon, 22 Aug 2022 01:29:36 GMT
Apply for the job now!