Job Vacancy Breakfast Attendant | The Normandy Hotel Modus by PM Hotel Group
Job title: Breakfast Attendant | The Normandy Hotel
Company: Modus by PM Hotel Group
Job description: Are you personable and enjoy serving others? Are you a self-starter who likes to take initiative? We’re looking for a Breakfast Attendant that is friendly, detail-oriented and works well independently and in a team environment. The perfect candidate would be attentive to guest requests, questions and maintaining the breakfast bar.
The Normandy Hotel sits just off Connecticut Avenue, tucked among the stately embassies of peaceful Kalorama, with the bistros and boutiques of DuPont Circle neighborhood just around the corner. The eclectic cuisine and independent shops of Adams Morgan are just a short jaunt away, and when it’s time to return, The Normandy feels like coming home. Welcoming, attentive, and personalized service is the hallmark of The Normandy. We are a breath of fresh air, where guests feel they can unwind on the breezy courtyard patio or curl up with a book in our sun-drenched breakfast room.
Who We Are
- Passionate – about hospitality and fostering an environment where associates will thrive.
- Culture driven – dedicated to respect, teamwork, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the drive to succeed.
- Unique – we encourage our associates to express themselves and their individual talents. We celebrate diversity and are committed to equity and inclusion.
- Innovators – we are a lifestyle hotel management company that is constantly evolving. We are open minded individuals who embrace change.
- A growing team looking to expand with authentic and genuine individuals who recognize the importance of team engagement.
- Top 10 on Trip Advisor. We have high expectations and standards. It is always about the Guest Experience. We strongly believe in creating personalized and memorable connections, all of the time.
- A company that has a culture of promoting from within.
- Recognized as a Top Workplace in The Washington Post and Philadelphia Inquirer over the past 7 years.
What You Will Be Doing
- Provide exceptional personalized customer service and experiences to guests.
- Maintaining the breakfast room for guests which includes food preparation, set-up, break-down and prepping for wine hour.
- Think quick on your feet, use good judgement and problem solve in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide support to guest services leaders and the entire hotel team.
- Create a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
What We’re Looking For
- Passion for hospitality and providing excellent guest service. This enthusiasm will be apparent from speaking with you.
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office.
- Must be prepared to work 6 AM – 2:30 PM Monday – Friday and have open availability on holidays.
What’s in it for you
- Generous health, dental and vision insurance, plus 401K, all available on day 1!
- Access to free virtual fitness classes and discounted in-person memberships
- Gifted PTO on Day 1 + paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities – when you grow, we grow!
Non-Negotiables (Our Core Values)
- BE WILDLY PASSIONATE. Inspire others with your thirst for excellence.
- BE CURIOUS. Learn rapidly and eagerly.
- BE INNOVATIVE. Create new ideas that prove useful.
- EMBRACE CHANGE. Remain agile, flexible and nimble to thrive in an evolving world.
- COMMUNICATE. Listen with the intent to understand. Share all relevant information.
- HAVE INTEGRITY. Be honest and straightforward with everyone.
- USE GOOD JUDGMENT. Make wise decisions, even in the face of ambiguity.
- BUILD A POSITIVE TEAM. Learn from one another and help each other to be great.
- SERVE OTHERS. Our guests, community, and each other. Be a part of the bigger picture.
- LIVE 360. Practice work-life balance.
Two more things . . .
As part of an organizational culture that embraces change and progress, this job description does not seek to limit the tasks and responsibilities of the position. Rather, it acts as a springboard for future career and personal development within the property team and entire Modus Hotels’ community.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We actively respect the right of any qualified individual who performs to Modus standards to work. Discrimination based on gender, age, race, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic not related to performance, ability or attitude protected by state or federal law, is disrespectful, bad business and won’t be tolerated. It’s also illegal.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Washington DC
Job date: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 23:51:41 GMT
Apply for the job now!