Job Vacancy Bodily Injury and Litigation Auto Claims Examiner – Logistics Claims Managment, Logistics Claims Management Amazon
Job title: Bodily Injury and Litigation Auto Claims Examiner – Logistics Claims Managment, Logistics Claims Management
Job description: DESCRIPTION
The DSP (Delivery Service Partner) Offer & Expansion team is part of the Last Mile Product and Technology organization and is responsible for designing, launching, and managing the strategy of the Delivery Service Partner (DSP) program around the world across all of its various use cases.
Amazon’s Last Mile Claims team is seeking a talented claims professional to support our rapidly growing and evolving global auto program. You will lead strategy on complex bodily injury auto claims, handling pre-litigation disputes and resolving litigated claims with cross-functional partners. Further, you will help develop programs and tools that contain costs, and continue successful third party administrator (TPA) strategies and relationships. You will have a strong working knowledge of commercial auto insurance policies and experience with large transportation fleets. You will have experience adjudicating both litigated and non-litigated claims in a time-efficient and cost-effective manner. You will help build processes and strategies for handling new issues that arise in a business-centric way while addressing risk. Typical transactions will range from standard claims settlement to complex high dollar agreements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Within the Last Mile Claims team, a successful candidate will support and report to a Senior Risk Manager and be enthusiastic about driving change, enjoy working hard, and being continually challenged. Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Claims management of moderate and complex bodiliy injury litigated claims.
· Work with business units to implement strategies to limit complex high value claims and contain costs.
· Develop strategy and action plans for claims in tandem with internal/external counsel, TPAs, and insurance companies.
· Mediation and settlement strategy and attendance in conjunction with internal/external legal partners, insurance companies, and TPAs.
· Field and address business partners on-going questions and issues through claims resolution as needed.
· Partner with internal teams to proactively prevent claims through safety measures.
· Ensure that the TPA manages the claims diligently, partners with Risk Management and Legal (internal and external), and employs best practices to control claim costs.
· Lead logistic complex claims management, develop and refine claims processes, and provide training as needed.
· Direct claim reviews and ensure alignment with KPIs and Performance Guarantee.
· Report out on business metrics to internal business teams, including logistics and Amazon’s captive insurance program.
· Partner and direct external vendors and partners on innovative claims handling and initiatives that support simplicity and contain costs while enhancing the customer experience.
· Effectively communicate recommended risk mitigation strategies to cross-functional and internal leadership teams.
· Manage and advise on worldwide corporate auto exposures, delivery service provider projects, and other logistics operations.
· Utilize and/or establish analytics, metrics, and bench marking through multiple sources to evaluate loss trends.
· Provide guidance and support for loss prevention matters to ensure an open, proactive, and effective risk management culture.
· Assist in developing business proposals and case studies for presentation to senior leaders.
-Work across teams to share ideas, influence change, and deliver projects results.
Key job responsibilities
- Claims management of complex high value bodily injury and litigated claims.
- Work with business units to implement strategies to limit complex high value claims and contain costs.
- Develop strategy and action plans for claims in tandem with internal / external counsel, TPAs and insurance companies.
- Mediation and settlement strategy and attendance in conjunction with internal/external legal partners, insurance companies, and TPAs.
- Field and address business partners on-going questions and issues through claims resolution as needed.
Internal job description
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Virtual Location – USA
– 5+ years experience adjudication of moderate to complex bodily injury claims
– 3 + years experience in transportation claims management, including fleets or large auto claim programs.
– Must have active adjuster license
– Knowledge of the litigation process and claims handling from inception to resolution.
· ARM, CPCU, or similar designation.
· Strong understanding of commercial auto insurance policies.
· Understanding and hands on experience with complex logistics claims.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $59,300/year in our lowest geographic market up to $142,800/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
Expected salary: $59300 per year
Job date: Thu, 06 Jul 2023 23:39:10 GMT
Apply for the job now!