Job Vacancy Bilingual Production Manager Neighbors LLC
Job title: Bilingual Production Manager
Company: Neighbors LLC
Job description: Summary
The Production Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations of the production environment. The object is to ensure the safe, efficient, quality, and timely completion of all production duties in a work day. Furthermore, the Production Manager will work closely with management to make process-improvement recommendations, problem resolution, budgeting and finance suggestions, and will monitor and report staffing levels and needs to the Human Resources team on a regular basis. The Production Manager will generally oversee up to 6 exempt direct reports and may be indirectly responsible for upwards of 90+ nonexempt staff members. This position must practice and exhibit safety every day throughout their employment with Neighbors, and they must observe the SQF and GMP requirements.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
· Assist company officers and senior management in the development and formulation of long- and short-term planning, policies, and objectives.
· Formulates and recommends manufacturing policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
· Directs and monitors department supervisors and employees to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan, consistent with established manufacturing and safety procedures.
· Acts as a liaison between department supervisors/subordinate levels, as well as executive/senior management levels to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies, and all matters that affect their performance, attitudes, and results
· Hires, trains, develops, and evaluates staff. Takes corrective actions as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with Company policies. Ensures compliance with current federal, state, and local regulations. Consults with Human Resources Department as appropriate.
· Identifies, recommends, and implements changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap, monitor scrap, and rework data.
· Directs and coordinates various programs essential to manufacturing procedures including but not limited to training, safety, cost reduction, security, worker involvement, engagement, accountability, and leadership.
· Enforce GMP and SQF procedures daily and consistently to ensure environment is in compliance with certifications.
· Monitor, track, and report to senior management on metrics and employee performance.
· Overall responsibility for food safety & quality of products produced in production.
· Understand and develop the department’s staffing needs and requirements to run production in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible.
· Basic machine maintenance and tuning may be required.
The general knowledge expected from this position is outlined below:
· Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
· Safe Quality Foods (SQF) standards
· Advanced knowledge of manufacturing setting and expectations
· Intermediate knowledge of budgeting and forecasting techniques
· Intermediate knowledge of food production processes and procedures
· Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Slides, Docs, and Sheets
The desired skills are outlined below:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- People skills
- Leadership skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Presentation skills
- Intermediate mathematical skills
- Organization skills
The desired abilities are outlined below:
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to lead and guide others
- Ability to provide constructive criticism
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work long hours, as needed, including weekends
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to forecast and project necessary resources (human and product)
- Ability to evaluate situations and provide best-possible solutions
- Ability to identify “bottle-neck” issues and recommend solutions
This position may directly oversee up to six (6) exempt employees and indirectly oversee upwards of 90+ non-exempt employees.
The work environment is typically between 60 and 90 degrees, depending on the time of the year. However, the freezer is around zero degrees and occasional work in the freezer may be expected. The work environment is typically noisy with regular amounts of machine noises including but not limited to typical sounds from forklifts, freight trucks, high lifts, and other manufacturing-related machinery. The smell of related chemicals and lubricants may occur.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is regularly required to be able to bend, stand, reach, or lift. The employee is required to be able to lift items on a regular basis, up to 50 pounds.
Qualifications * High school diploma or G.E.D. is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, logistics, supply chain management, business administration, or related field from an accredited university is preferred.
3. Minimum 3 years prior management experience is required. * Minimum 3 years management experience in a manufacturing environment; preferably in a food manufacturing facility.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
If hired, all employees are required to submit proof of eligibility to work in the United States within 72 hours of their start date.
This job description is management’s depiction of the role and is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, or activities may change at any time with or without notice, and employees may be given additional responsibilities which are not included on this list, as required.
Location: West Monroe, LA
Job date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 05:52:04 GMT
Apply for the job now!