Job Vacancy Automotive Technician Penske Automotive Group
Job title: Automotive Technician
Company: Penske Automotive Group
Job description: Job Overview
The Flat Rate Technician diagnoses and performs repairs on all vehicle components with efficiency, accuracy, and in accordance with dealership and manufacturer/factory standards.
- Performs vehicle inspections, troubleshooting, and testing to determine required or recommended repairs
- Accurately diagnose malfunctions and perform the necessary repairs for them including, but not limited to, repairing engine failures, repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions, and replacing parts and components as required
- Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended
- Verifies vehicle serviceability and ensures quality repairs the first time by conducting test drives and adjusting controls and systems as required
- Ensures that customer vehicles kept clean during repair process
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options for repairs as required
- Communicates with Service Advisor and/or Dispatcher if additional work is needed
- Aids Service Writer as needed to write work orders, conduct test rides, interact with the customer, or in any other way necessary to guarantee customer satisfaction
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders and verifying receipt of parts and supplies
- Maintain a clean, efficient work area and assist in keeping the shop neat and organized
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order in accordance with operating procedures
- Understands the terminology of the automobile business and keep abreast of technology changes
- Follows all attendance and punctuality standards with adherences to timekeeping standards. Employees are required to record the beginning and ending times of any shift, break, or departure from work for personal reasons
- Follows the Code of Business Ethics and Conduct
- Understands and follow all work rules and procedures and follows lawful directions from supervisors
- Upholds the company’s non-disclosure and confidentiality policies and agreements
- Maintains a professional appearance in accordance with company policy
- Attends pertinent training on request
- Attends company meetings as required
- Other duties as assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Company is committed to hiring a diverse and qualified workforce. We will not consider any characteristic or category protected by state or federal law in hiring or employment decisions, including but not limited to race, national origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, status as a parent, or genetic information.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to listen to customers and determine how to assist them
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Knowledge of automotive systems, tools, and repair processes
- Outstanding attention to detail with a commitment to quality
- Ability to use technical reference materials and technical manuals in written and online formats
- Ability to communicate technical terms to non-technical audience
- Ability to follow processes to ensure quality and safety
- Effective time management skills and ability to prioritize
Will primarily work in an automotive shop environment. Workspace is covered but may involve various weather conditions such as heat and cold as well as safety hazards due to the nature of work. May experience loud noise on a regular basis.
Medium/Heavy Work—Will lift over 50 pounds with assistance device required and/or frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to or over 35 pounds with assistance device available as needed.
This position will require the employee to be standing for prolonged periods of time.
This position requires the ability to push, pull, climb, stoop, kneel, reach, grasp, and walk on a regular basis.
This position involves repetitive motion.
This position requires the ability to talk and hear.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Work evening, weekend, and holiday work hours as required.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or the equivalent and two-year related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; and two-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications (Certification/Licenses/Registrations)
ASE Certification is preferred
Safety Sensitive Position
The essential functions of this position require a person to work with hazardous or flammable materials; AND/OR to complete tasks in which a lapse of attention could result in injury, including without limitation the operating, repairing, maintaining, or monitoring of heavy equipment, machinery, or motor vehicles.
Mercedes-Benz of Bedford
18122 Rockside Road, Bedford, Ohio 44146
Internal Job ID
Flat Rate Technician-145002
Location: Bedford, OH
Job date: Thu, 08 Sep 2022 06:41:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!