Job Vacancy Associate Litigation Attorney Hanger Law
Job title: Associate Litigation Attorney
Company: Hanger Law
Job description: We are looking for a licensed attorney to work in our litigation department handling General District Court matters including but not limited to: traffic, landlord/tenant, contract disputes, and and other general civil litigation matters.
- Communicating with clients to learn about their legal needs and concerns and providing them with advice.
- Developing strategies to resolve cases favorably and cost-effectively for clients.
- Explaining legal options to clients and bringing possible outcomes or threats to their attention.
- Building relationships with clients based on trust.
- Developing arguments and representing clients in civil legal proceedings.
- Preparing legal documents, such as contracts, dispositions, and pleadings, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Staying informed about current legislation, especially concerning legal specialties.
- Finding ethical solutions to legal matters.
- Juris Doctor degree from an American Bar Association accredited law school.
- Admission to the Virginia Bar.
- Experience or expertise in GDC preferred. Circuit Court experience is a plus.
- Commitment to abiding by local, state, and federal laws and behaving ethically.
- Ability to work independently or with a team of attorneys to develop case strategies.
- Strong critical thinking, interpersonal, public speaking skills.
- Confidence, quick thinking, and independent decision making is a plus.
- Ability to negotiate, research, and communicate verbally and in writing effectively.
- Adaptability and attention to detail
- Humility and desire to be a team-player
- Coaching and mentorship provided, but some self-paced, on-the-job learning expected
Hanger Law & Hanger Holdings would like to thank all applicants for their interest in the position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
About Hanger Law:
Hanger Law is a general practice firm in the Hampton Roads area dedicated to bringing clients peace and clarity in the legal process. The attorneys and staff serve clients with care.
Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes hard work, autonomy, team-work, generosity, humility, flexibility, and being proactive.
Hanger Law benefits include health care, dental, vision, paid time off, retirement savings, paid holidays, and professional and personal development.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Job date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 05:36:10 GMT
Apply for the job now!