Job Vacancy Assistant Transportation Supervisor Tempur Sealy International
Job title: Assistant Transportation Supervisor
Company: Tempur Sealy International
Job description: Description
OUR COMPANY OFFERS GREAT BENEFITS, INCLUDING:
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Competitive Medical, Dental & other wellness programs
- Retirement Plan Options
- Generous Employee Purchase Discounts
Pay Range: $64,480 – 66,000
The Assistant Transportation Supervisor is responsible for supporting the fleet operations at the plant level. This includes coordination and support over inbound and outbound freight movements, asset management, fleet safety compliance, driver dispatch support, and ensuring service levels meet or exceed customer requirements. This position will actively support the Transportation Supervisor and plant, regional, and corporate logistics initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support day-to-day fleet operations
- Support systems and initiatives to minimize inbound and outbound freight cost through focused cost management of plant and regional backhaul, fuel mpg and cpg, asset utilization, vehicle maintenance, accident and injury prevention, route optimization and other major cost categories.
- Support initiatives to ensure that equipment and driver performance standards are meeting company specifications and expectations
- Support of driver dispatch programs
- Use of logistics software for daily management including reconciliation of actual vs.. planned miles, driver fuel receipts vs. T-Chek and Penske reports and use of My Fleet at Penske for maintenance PO authorization.
- Support, measurement, and report daily/weekly/monthly KPI performance results
- Support, monitor, develop, and maintain fleet safety initiatives
- Accountable for interaction with the customer on an ongoing basis regarding outbound delivery status.
- Ensure internal and external customer satisfaction in all areas of delivery service
- Assist with Logistics data collection
- Assist with policy deployment
- Reconcile delivery/backhaul documents and enter data into the tracker
This description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilities associated with this job. Other job-related duties may be assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of transportation/logistics management experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Software Programs (Word, Excel, Access, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of FMCSA regulations
- Experience supporting CDL-A drivers
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Strong oral and written skills
Ideal Candidate Possess these Attributes
- Transportation and Logistics Professional
- Safety and service oriented
- Experience in fast paced manufacturing environment
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks to juggle multiple priorities
- Flexibility to react to daily exceptions that arise in daily execution of plans in a positive manner
- Ability to succeed in a matrix organization and reach consensus within both organizations
Tempur Sealy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
825 Ajax Avenue, City of Industry, California 91748
Expected salary: $64480 – 66000 per year
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job date: Sun, 03 Sep 2023 06:51:53 GMT
Apply for the job now!