Job Vacancy Assistant News Director NBCUniversal
Job title: Assistant News Director
Job description: Company Description
NBC10 AND TELEMUNDO62 span three floors of the Comcast Technology Center in a dazzling, 80,000-square-foot broadcast center. As Philadelphia’s news epicenter, it features cutting-edge newsroom technology and energy-efficient design. Two news sets that feature 4K LED screens, automated cameras, three control rooms, eight edit rooms, a 1,500 square-foot room dedicated to shooting promotions in-house, extensive use of LED panel displays for immersive experience and Augmented Reality capabilities are among some of the newsroom technologies that are being used for the first time by local TV stations in the U.S.
- Works with VP of News to plan short- and long-term strategies across multiple platforms.
- Manage day-to-day coverage, big story, breaking news, weather and special reports across all platforms.
- Will also oversee investigative/consumer units, elections coverage and other station events.
- Be present at all editorial meetings for daily newscasts.
- Work with Director of Digital to develop new content for digital and streaming platforms, including OTT and FAST Channels.
- Responsible for news staff development and training in coordination with other news managers.
- Manage the performance evaluation process and conduct annual performance appraisals for news department staff.
- Manage schedules for news staff and publish.
- Assist V.P. of News with recruiting and hiring personnel for the news department.
- Back-up for V.P. of News as needed.
- Knowledge of and enforcement of NBC legal and standards guidelines.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in medium to large markets as a News Director, Executive Producer, or as a news manager (e.g. Managing Editor, Producer or Assistant News Director
- Minimum 2 years of experience and success in coaching, leading and motivating a team of employees
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or equivalent work experience
- Strong producing, management and leadership skills.
- High level of experience in technical expertise across emerging multi-media platforms.
- Knowledgeable about FCC rules and laws pertaining to news broadcasting in multi-media platforms and employment and labor regulations.
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Eligibility Requirements
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Willingness and ability to work long hours, late nights and weekends as require
- Must be willing to work at the station in Philadelphia, PA
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Job date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 05:03:37 GMT
Apply for the job now!