Job Vacancy Assistant General Transportation Manager – ROC Walmart
Job title: Assistant General Transportation Manager – ROC
Job description: Position Summary…
What you’ll do…
Serves as a community liaison by participating in local and community organizations and charitable activities; and supporting and promoting company-sponsored programs and events to associates and the local community.
Manages the continuous improvement of transportation efficiencies by implementing strategic business plans for Transportation business units to ensure customer service goals are met; developing improvements for complex operations while balancing inbound and outbound shipments with service; performing root cause analyses; reviewing forecasted capacity (for example, tractors, drivers) plans to ensure business needs are met; reviewing key business metrics (for example, miles per tractor, empty mileage percentage) to ensure performance goals are achieved; and ensuring associates have the necessary tools (for example, computer systems, training) to meet business objectives.
Resolves escalated associate, driver, customer, and supplier concerns by identifying the potential issue; assessing the facts; consulting with the appropriate teams (for example, local office General Transportation Manager (GTM), Regional Transportation Manager (RTM), Home Office Merchandising, Transportation administration); and identifying and implementing a solution.
Manages the financial aspects of the facility by analyzing expenses compared to budget (for example, profit and loss (P&L) statement); evaluating the quality of the inbound and outbound business including third-party carrier management; and managing total miles and asset utilization through the analysis of business reports.
Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Live our Values
- Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
- Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
- Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
- Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
- Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
- Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
- Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
- Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Transportation, Management, Business Administration, Finance, or related field and 2 years experience in a supervisory role within Operations, Logistics, Transportation, or related field OR 5 years experience in a supervisory role within Operations, Logistics, Transportation, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Developing and managing budgets, managing profit and loss (P&L), developing manpower forecasts, monitoring regulatory compliance, or analyzing financial/operational data, Management experience in Walmart Transportation Operations, Supervisory role within Operations, Logistics, Transportation, or related field
Primary Location… 3300 DEMOREST RD, GROVE CITY, OH 43123-8058, United States of America
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off – to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can’t work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see .
Location: Grove City, OH
Job date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 04:01:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!