Job Vacancy Assistant Distribution Center Manager Airgas
Job title: Assistant Distribution Center Manager
Job description: Position Title: Assistant Distribution Center Manager
Location: Coppell, TX
Schedule: Monday to Friday 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
The Assistant DC Manager has the overall responsibility for managing and coordinating all warehouse shipping and receiving activities on a daily basis. Under the direction of the DC Manager, the Manager is responsible for the shipment of all orders in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives.
- Supervise the warehouse Inbound and Outbound staffs to include adequate training, coordinated workloads, and schedules to ensure timely and effective completion of work.
- Monitor and evaluate staff performance.
- Ensure that all individual performance and production reviews are completed on time.
- Identify areas for improvement and make recommendations to address any inefficiencies and deficiencies.
- Minimum of 50% of time spent on the floor.
- Run, review and analyze reports in order to establish shipping and receiving procedures, while monitoring outputs.
- Maintain clean, neat and orderly work areas and aisles.
- Ensure weekly and monthly safety meetings are completed.
- Maintain hazardous shipping files and procedures surrounding hazardous material shipments.
- Conduct all operations in a manner which promotes safety and are in accordance with OSHA and MSDS standards.
- Ensure the efficient and safe operation of all MHE and that personnel are adequately trained and certified to operate same.
- Apply effective communication and motivational techniques in managing, counseling, and disciplining subordinates.
- Provide input into the performance evaluation system for recommending promotions, wage increases, and terminations.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications – Internal
Are you a MATCH?
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3-5 years of progressive warehouse experience in industrial distribution preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Strong computer and analytic skills, SAP experience preferred
- Excellent people and leadership skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, or Google Sheets and Google Docs
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively with personnel of all levels, and to effectively interact with other departments and senior management when necessary.
What’s in it for me?
Airgas offers temperature regulated facilities, multiple shift times, quarterly bonuses, HMO health plans, 401K, and 2 weeks’ vacation as a new employee! Our employees can also take advantage of Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, sick time, Tuition Reimbursement and much more! If you are looking for a full-time permanent position, affordable healthcare, and career growth, we want to talk to you!
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products.
Through the passion and diversity of its 18,000 associates, Airgas fosters a culture of safety, customer success, sustainability and innovation. Airgas associates are empowered to share ideas, take initiative and make decisions.
Airgas is a subsidiary of Air Liquide, a world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health. Air Liquide is present in 78 countries with approximately 64,500 associates globally.
Join us for a stimulating experience: you’ll find a world of learning and development opportunities where inventiveness is at the heart of what we do, in an open, collaborative and respectful environment.
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the world.
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals, acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a changing world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Location: Coppell, TX
Job date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 22:37:50 GMT
Apply for the job now!