Job Vacancy Assistant Director of Food & Beverage Rosewood Hotels & Resorts
Job title: Assistant Director of Food & Beverage
Company: Rosewood Hotels & Resorts
Job description: ROSEWOOD KONA VILLAGE
Located on the Kona Coast of the Big Island of Hawai’i, the iconic Kona Village Resort will once again open its doors and welcome back ‘ohana (family) to the historic and culturally rich destination in 2023. Spanning 81 acres of stunning geologic landscape and richness, Kona Village, A Rosewood Resort will draw inspiration from the history of the site, local culture and natural elements.
Less than 10 miles north of the Kona International Airport, Kona Village, A Rosewood Resort will debut 150 unique, standalone guest hales with locally-inspired décor and a privileged sense of seclusion. An array of distinct dining venues, including the original resort’s beloved Shipwreck Bar and Talk Story Bar, will offer elevated yet relaxed experiences. The resort will also offer an array of event spaces and outdoor activities, making it an exceptional destination for meetings, events and celebrations.
The Assistant Director of food and beverage must actively display leadership and guidance to the catering and to the division when dealing with all aspects of guest contact activities and both service and quality product delivery to customers. To provide supervision of the catering team to ensure that there is efficient, systematic, organized and creative planning and preparation of events by maintaining a close working relationship with clients. Be responsible for direct sales solicitation on specific international geographic markets and local accounts for group business, conventions, luncheon, dinner events and associations. Report daily to the Director of Food and Beverage. Ensure that budgeted revenues are achieved through the highest standard of quality and service
- Ensures that the Food and Beverage activities are aligned with the respective corporate strategy, and that the hotel actions have been implemented where appropriate.
- Oversees the preparation and update of individual departmental operations manuals.
- Conducts regular divisional communications meetings and ensures that departmental briefings and meetings are effective and conducted as necessary.
- Ensures a smooth operation of the Food & Beverage division in the absence of Director of F&B.
- Liaises with culinary division
- Ensures that all associates deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional guest service at all times.
- Ensures that associates also provide excellent service to internal customers in other departments as appropriate.
- Spends time in public areas observing associate-guest interaction and talking with guests, working through department heads to coach associates in guest service skills as necessary.
- Ensures that all guest and internal customer complaints are resolved in a quick and efficient manner.
- Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
- Ensures that all company minimum brand standards have been implemented, and that optional brand standards have been implemented where appropriate.
- Monitors all operations, especially during peak business periods, working through the respective Department Head to adjust where necessary, be at the right place at the right time.
- Ensures that all Food and Beverage Essentials are introduced, implemented and consistently maintained.
- Ensures that the Food and Beverage division responds to the results of the consumer audit and ensures that relevant changes are implemented.
- Works closely with other executive committee members in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
- Ensures that Food and Beverage associates work in a supportive and flexible manner with other departments, in a spirit of “We work through Teams”.
- Ensures that all associates are up to date with the availability of seasonal and new products on the market.
- Tastes and monitors the food and beverage products served throughout the operation, providing feedback where appropriate.
- Maintains and assists in outlets during the absence of respective managers.
- Ensure “pop up” operations are aligned with company and brand standards, well planned and executed to properly.
- Assists in the preparation, utilization and update an annual marketing plan, broken down as necessary by department.
- Evaluates local, national and international market trends, vendors and other hotel/restaurant operations constantly to make sure that the hotel’s own operations remain competitive and cutting edge.
- Encourages department heads to look for Marketing and Public Relations opportunities to increase awareness and ultimately business.
- Maximizes associate productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet the financial goals of the business as well as the expectations of the guests.
- Ensures that each profit center (e.g. Outlets, Bar, Events) is operated in line with maximising profit while delivering on the brand promise.
- Ensures that each cost center (e.g. Stewarding) operates with the lowest possible cost structure while also delivering on the brand promise to the guest.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual business plan for Food and Beverage.
- Assists in the monthly reforecast, involves the respective department heads as appropriate.
- Manages costs proactively based on key performance indicators, working through the respective department heads as appropriate.
- Participates in the negotiation of preferential contracts for Food and Beverage items yielding possible rebates (not volume based), cash sponsorships or incentives such as training or educational trips.
- Ensures that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to financial record keeping, money handling and licensing are adhered to, including the timely and accurate reporting of financial information
- Assists in the inventory management and ongoing maintenance of hotel operating equipment and other assets. In particular, high use assets such as chinaware, glassware and flatware.
- Participates in weekly yield and revenue management meetings actively, overseeing the appropriate pricing structures to maximise yield and overall profits in Outlets and Events.
- Responsible for control of beverage programme including recipes, inventory and progressive menu development.
- Reviews uniform replacement schedule as well as coordinates upgrade reviews with Director of Food and Beverage.
Talent and Culture
- Assists in the recruitment and selection of all Food and Beverage associates. Ensures that department heads follow hotel guidelines when recruiting and use a competency-based approach to selecting their associates.
- Oversees the punctuality and appearance of all Food and Beverage associates, making sure that they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, according to the hotel and department’s grooming standards.
- Maximizes the effectiveness of department heads by developing each of their skills and abilities through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
- Conducts annual performance development discussions with key Food and Beverage associates and supports them in their professional development goals. Ensures that they in turn conduct annual performance development discussions with their associates.
- Assists in the development of departmental training through ongoing feedback and monthly feedback and meetings.
- Ensures that each department head plans and implements effective onboarding and training programs for their associates in coordination with the Training Manager and their Departmental Trainers.
- Oversees the preparation and posting of weekly work schedules in each department, making sure that they reflect business needs and other key performance indicators.
- Encourages associates to be creative and innovative, challenging and recognising them for their contribution to the success of the operation.
- Ensures that all associates have a complete understanding of and adhere to associate rules and regulations.
- Ensures that associates follow all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to fire and hazard safety, and security.
- Feedback the results of the Associate Engagement Survey and ensures that the relevant changes are implemented.
- Ensure and support a collaborative culture with all departments
- Is knowledgeable in statutory legislation in associate and industrial relations.
- Exercises responsible management and behavior at all times and positively represents the hotel management team and Rosewood Hotels & Resorts.
- Understands and strictly adheres to rules and regulations established in the associate handbook and the Hotel’s policies concerning fire, hygiene and health and safety.
- Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
- Maintains strong, professional relationship with the relevant representatives from competitor hotels, business partners and other organizations.
- Responds to changes in the Food and Beverage function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
- Attends training sessions and meetings as and when required.
- Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Contribute to ensuring that brand integrity and clarity are always maintained.
- Is a “Brand Ambassador” at all times and ensures brand integrity and clarity are always maintained.
- Model the company’s culture, vision, mission and core values at all times.
- Complies to the company policies.
- Works with pre-set budgetary limits.
- Takes on other tasks in addition to the ones stated, in a reasonable framework.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the duties involved in this position, the company reserves the right to add, remove or alter duties when business need dictates.
QUALIFICATIONS & WORKING EXPERIENCE
- Hotel Management Degree or Business Degree required
- 5-10 years managerial experience in hotel Food and Beverage operations.
- Free standing or lifestyle restaurant operation.
- Track record in leading hotel company with good business and standards.
- Knowledge of more than one language is recommended.
Location: Kailua-Kona, HI
Job date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 22:31:04 GMT
Apply for the job now!