Job Vacancy Assistant Director of Food and Beverage – Conrad New York Downtown Hilton
Job title: Assistant Director of Food and Beverage – Conrad New York Downtown
Job description: The stunning Conrad New York is looking for an Assistant Director of Food & Beverage to join the team!
Stay inspired and join the pinnacle of luxury in the heart of Lower Manhattan, featuring 463 rooms, 30,000 square feet of banquet space, and 3 food and beverage outlets. This includes a 3-meal restaurant, rooftop bar, and in-room dining.
In this role, you will oversee front-of-house operations of the 3 food and beverage outlets (Atrio Restaurant, Loopy Doopy Rooftop Bar, and In-Room Dining). You will manage a team of 35+ and report directly to the Director of Food & Beverage.
The ideal candidate will be an engaging and energetic leader with the ability to drive creativity and a talent for training and developing others. At least 3-5 years of food and beverage management experience in luxury hotels is required. Prior experience managing a union staff is a plus.
Want to learn more? ,
What will I be doing?
As an Assistant Director of Food and Beverage, you would be responsible for assisting in the direction and organization of activities and services of all hotel food and beverage outlets (restaurants, lounges, room service, coffee shops, etc.) in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist in the management of all Food and Beverage operations to include, but not limited to, guest service, food and beverage quality, inventory management, outlet reservations and occupancy, systems management, budget and forecasting, marketing, report generation, department management and meeting participation and facilitation
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Develop and implement menus and food and beverage marketing strategies in partnership with the Director and the culinary team
- Monitor and assess service and satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
- Recruit, interview and train team members
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality – We’re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity – We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership – We’re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork – We’re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership – We’re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now – We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
The Benefits- Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture ranking
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as:
- Health insurance
- Career growth and development
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Go Hilton travel discount program
- Best-in-Class Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Supportive parental leave
- Employee stock purchase program (ESPP) – purchase Hilton shares at 15% discount
: Access to a wide variety of educational credentials (ex. college degrees, high school completion, English-language learning, digital literacy, professional certificates and more)
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 05:26:56 GMT
Apply for the job now!