Job Vacancy Analyst, Transportation System Tractor Supply Company
Job title: Analyst, Transportation System
Company: Tractor Supply Company
Job description: Overall Job Summary
This position will lead projects and provide analysis that drives business decisions for both domestic and international transportation. The work spans multiple modes of transportation in support of over $800M in transportation spend and is be the main driver of data analytics and project management inside the transportation team. Responsible for supporting the enhancements and all future implementations of TSC’s Transportation Management System.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Min 5%)
- Serves as Transportation Management System (TMS) super user and assist in the enhancement of current TMS and the selection, onboarding and start-up of new TMS when appropriate.
- Turn data into insights and develop action plans and reports to deliver and measure business goals leveraging data and analytical tools Alteryx, Power BI, MS Access and coding, VBA, SQL, JSON.
- Develop, review, support decision making, and implement any changes or improvements made to transportation logistics processes to maximize efficiency and minimize costs. This includes development of operating standards and measurement and evaluation of performance against those standards
- Work with a cross functional teams to help timely delivery of new system capabilities, implement enhancements and support existing systems
- Data gathering and analysis using a variety of data sources and technologies as needed.
- Perform quantitative analysis and participate in the development of recommendations to optimize operational processes and performance. (Using Lean Six Sigma methodology).
- Responsible for data management, analyzing performance through standard KPI creation and develop recommendations for continuous improvement
- Stay informed of logistics technology advances and apply appropriate technology to improve logistics processes
- Support regular and ad hoc reporting needs
- Collaborate with peers to ensure consistency of information, share best practices, and develop systems knowledge
- Perform and assist with other duties as assigned.
Experience: 3-5 years within a supply chain function preferably in a retail environment; experience in data mining, statistical analysis, finance, auditing, and/or forecasting.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Supply Chain/Logistics, Finance, or related field; any suitable combination of education and experience will be considered.
Preferred: MBA or MA/ MS Degree
CSM (Certified Scrum Master), and/or PMP certification preferred
Preferred knowledge, skills or abilities
- Strong to Expert level SQL skills
- Experience in other programming languages(s) / software preferred
- Alteryx / Python / Snowflake / Data Bricks / Power BI/ COGNOS
- Understanding of API design philosophy/patterns, communication protocols (SOAP, REST, JSON, XML) and encoding
- Knowledge of implementing, deploying, and maintaining the ETL/ELT process and data flow, including data quality using various data integration tools
- Experience with infrastructure and systems engineering, and scaling services on one of the public cloud is a plus
- Ability to write simple to sophisticated queries to support audit requests or business reporting requests and resolve technical production issues
- Exposure to noSQL and big-data technologies
- Ability to create advanced queries using SQL
- Experience with large data sets and relational databases
- Experience with data visualization
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel and Access
- Experienced in creating Alteryx workflows and Power BI dashboards (or similar software)
- Capable of solving complex problems while displaying a detail-oriented approach to work
- Strong communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to self-motivate, work with a sense of urgency, prioritize tasks and positively handle conflict
- Capable of working in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to travel
5% of the time, or roughly 4 times per year for training and collaborative efforts.
- Hybrid / Flexible working conditions
- Standing (not walking)
- Lifting up to 20 pounds
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. A team member should perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
ALREADY A TEAM MEMBER?
You must apply or refer a friend through our internal portal
Our Mission and Values are more than just words on the wall – they’re the one constant in an ever-changing environment and the bedrock on which we build our culture. They’re the core of who we are and the foundation of every decision we make. It’s not just what we do that sets us apart, but how we do it.
We believe in managing your time for business and personal success, which is why we empower our Team Members to lead balanced lives through our benefits total rewards offerings. fot full-time and eligible part-time TSC and Petsense Team Members. We care about what you care about!
A lot of care goes into providing legendary service at Tractor Supply Company, which is why our Team Members are our top priority. Want a career with a clear path for growth? Your Opportunity is Out Here at Tractor Supply and Petsense.
Location: Brentwood, TN
Job date: Sat, 23 Dec 2023 07:27:36 GMT
Apply for the job now!