Job Vacancy Analyst, Transportation Ardagh Group
Job title: Analyst, Transportation
Company: Ardagh Group
Job description: Purpose of the Role:
The Transportation Analyst has responsibilities for providing analysis and insight in managing transportation and warehouse functions and relationships by developing and producing performance metrics for use in managing Ardagh Metal Packaging – North America (AMP-NA) business. This includes identifying trends, formulating, and presenting cost savings opportunities to transportation leadership.
- Provide operational and analytical support to carriers, warehouses, plants, and other departments as needed
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the use of AMP-NA technology to manage transportation
- Manage Transportation Management System (TMS) to track loads
- Utilize PowerBI dashboards and other systems to manage transportation service and spend, while also researching, developing, and utilizing analytic software and mathematical models to aid in analysing business data
- Identify and solve logistical problems and assist management to make data-driven decisions in the areas of logistics forecasting, vendor performance, logistics performance, and logistics strategy
- Develop cost/benefit models to support logistics projects and to track and analyze vendor cost performance to projected benefits
- Build spreadsheet models to identify choices, formalize trade-offs, specify constraints, and track and analyze the impact of performance expectation to budgeted expectations
- Collect appropriate data from internal and external sources
- Extract large scale data from multiple data tables and data warehouses and combine data into one format for consistent analysis across business units
- Query data from organization databases to monitor manufacturing capacity, lead time, and other operational data that could affect logistics performance, analysis, and reporting
- Use Pivot Tables, SQL, VB Macros, and other statistical modelling functions and formulas for data cleaning, reformatting, and data modelling
- Process mapping of workflows, departmental relationships, and change impacts between these functions
- Acquire, validate, store, protect, and process required data
- Identify through analysis cost savings opportunities, efficiency improvements, and shipper of choice offerings including drop trailer programs, dock scheduling tools, optimal loading hours, etc.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in various logistics systems and be able to support systems, train new users, ideate new reports/functionalit,y and work with vendors to develop and implement such improvement, and train system users on new capabilities
- Develop and publish training documents and processes for various systems in use at AMP-NA and conduct training classes of peers, plant employees, and vendor employees
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, business administration, or a related field
- Two (2) years of logistics and transportation experience
- Two (2) years of experience analyzing freight
- Knowledge of various transportation management systems and related tools
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Ardagh Metal Packaging is a leading global supplier of sustainable, infinitely recyclable metal beverage cans to brand owners. A subsidiary of sustainable packaging business Ardagh Group and a leading industry metal packaging company, Ardagh Metal Packaging employs more than 6,300 people across Europe, North America and Brazil, with sales of approximately $4.7 billion.
Ardagh Metal Packaging believes that the success of our business depends on the success of our people. We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued and can work to their full potential. We offer exciting and rewarding opportunities for talented and creative people. If you have ambition and want to make an impact with your career, come and join our team – you’ll enjoy the journey!
Ardagh Metal Packaging – North America has been and will continue to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast feeding, and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, creed, religion (including religious dress and grooming), color, national origin, ancestry (including association, affiliation, or participation with persons or activities related to national origin, English-proficiency or accent, or immigration status), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, age, veteran or military status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination against any employee or applicant based on any of these factors is prohibited.
Location: Chicago, IL
Job date: Sat, 22 Jul 2023 01:57:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!