Job Vacancy AMER Logistics Specialist, OTS Supply Chain – Global Transportation & Logistics Amazon
Job title: AMER Logistics Specialist, OTS Supply Chain – Global Transportation & Logistics
Job description: DESCRIPTION
Amazon is looking for an experienced AMER Regional Logistics Specialist to own the transportation of IT assets across various programs in North and South America. This is an exciting opportunity to make history by becoming a member of a team whose purpose is to solve complex challenges creating unprecedented customer experiences on a daily basis. This role will require working with business teams across the company and around the world to figure out supply chain solutions for new products/programs and existing operations.
The primary function is to define and deliver global solutions that aid in the speed and scalability of Operations Technology Solutions (OTS) and our Global Operations partners.
Key job responsibilities
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with business, operations, and IT stakeholders, while having the ability to work independently in a high-pressure environment with various levels of leadership and exercise sound judgment where clear guidelines may not exist.
- Proficiency at solving complex logistics challenges and possess a bias to get things done and deliver results.
- Coordination with shipping and receiving clerks to support outbound shipping at multiple Rapid Asset Deployment (RAD) locations within the region.
- Working with the Customs, Brokers and Global Trade Services (GTS) to ensure proper documentation on all shipments
- Preparing and validating Commercial Invoices (CI) for international shipments
- Daily communication with transportation providers to ensure timely pickup of shipments and adequate space is available.
- Managing the transportation of Amazon IT assets (both inbound and outbound), including international shipments
- Lead shipment investigations on behalf of the customer. This includes (but is not limited to) tracking shipments, researching lost packages, processing damage reports, filing claims, and authorizing a re-ship of the IT asset.
- Daily monitoring of shipments in order to proactively and quickly resolve issues that could arise during transportation
- Creating SOPs as needed in the absence of defined processes/procedures
- Providing proactive reporting to customers and key stakeholders
- Developing transportation plans for new projects that arise
- Innovating for step-change improvement in safety, quality, cost, and other KPI metrics
- Collaborating with key operational experts across the company to lead, support, and influence new business initiatives.
- Executing strategic business objectives while working with key internal stakeholders to improve the supply chain with the latest internal and external information.
- Participating in Weekly Business Reviews (WBR) within the organization to ensure strict adherence to cost, team goals, and business objectives
- Ownership of all results within your region.
- Engaging current transportation providers to strengthen current partnerships while also identifying potential new providers.
- Travel domestically 20%
A day in the life
We support internal Amazon businesses with the transfer of IT assets, new or used, as requested. Our #1 priority is to ensure the package delivers seamlessly to the customer as expected.
About the team
Our mission is to deliver what our customers need, where they need it, when they need it. Global Transportation and Logistics (GTL) is dedicated to understanding customer expectations and identifying opportunities that enhance customer experience.
We have Regional Logistics teams that are located around the world and support Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, and Africa.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Nashville, TN, USA
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
– 3+ years experience in Transportation
– Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other products.
– Experience with Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) guidelines
– 5+ years experience in Transportation
– 3+ years of hands-on project management under tight deadlines
– 2+ years of International Customs Clearance experience.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Comfortable with working in a ambiguous, fast-paced environment focus on innovation.
– Demonstrates the aptitude to influence teams outside of reporting structure.
– Embrace the start-up mentality, emphasizing fun
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Location: Nashville, TN
Job date: Wed, 06 Dec 2023 00:33:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!