Job Vacancy Administrative Assistant Part Time – South Orangetown School Nutrition Whitsons Culinary Group
Job title: Administrative Assistant Part Time – South Orangetown School Nutrition
Company: Whitsons Culinary Group
Job description: Requisition Number
Administrative Assistant Part Time – South Orangetown School Nutrition
South Orangetown Admin-57800
Provide all clerical service for the Food Service Department
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Notify food service director of any difficulties or issues with the staff and problem solve as they occur.
- Receive and handle all telephone calls, when possible resolve any calls and minor problems dealing with food service operations and any parent concerns especially for the Nutri-Kids POS system questions.
- Maintain and prepare all attendance logs and process payroll weekly in ADP Rapid Pay System
- Oversee data entry in the computer system for lunch accounts including all POS systems and Dine Central Accounting Systems
- Reconcile the amount of cash collected each day and close out all registers in the POS systems daily at High School
- Prepare all Deposits for High School, catering, and vending. Verify deposit log so that there is a direct line of responsibility
- Maintain records for the school lunch program including daily meal counts and revenue, entering into the Dine Central Revenue System.
- Knowledge of POS Systems for all schools and ability to process all reports as needed and any training to staff as required or needed.
- Maintain and oversee Nutri-Kids POS system keeping in constant contact w/ all persons in charge at all schools.
- Process and mail (email) low balances reports accounts in Nutri-Kids POS system as needed. This includes parents and administration.
- Perform all functions for closing out each week and month, using Whitsons Standard closing checklist.
- Assist Food Service Director with monthly inventory of all food, paper, cleaning and USDA commodity.
- Ability to understand and read menus for all schools.
- Place food and paper orders as needed or required as per ordering calendar
- Receive all calls from satellite schools for daily lunch counts and forward to cooking staff to process daily
- Check menus for all satellite schools and set up daily all food, paper, etc needed to be delivered each day with the lunch of the day.
- Complete printing of all marketing materials, daily signage, monthly promotions for each school building.
- Read, understand and implement all Whitsons Company policies effectively
- Help to train and cross train team members as needed. Work with Director to conduct in –servicing classes for all team members on sanitation, safety, Haz-com and customer focus and all other trainings as needed.
- Assist Food Service Director in completing on site cashier audits, safety audits, and Quality Assurance Audits for all schools.
- Complete all tasks assigned for Sales force as designated by General Manager
- Perform the following functions in the Dine Central Menu Program
- Print and distribute all production order records for each school weekly
- Gather and enter all finished production records into Dine Central Daily
- Assist Director in holding meeting with entire staff including tool box topics
- Assist Director in managing the team members daily including coordinating and assigning of all substitute workers
- Attend all mandatory in-service programs
- Work as a positive, productive member of the food service team. Assume a leadership role in a supportive and positive manner
- Help create a harmonious working relationship w/staff including the Director
- Create positive working relationship with client and administrative personnel
- Possess basic cooking skills
- Maintain confidentiality
- Assist where needed throughout the District, including substituting at schools if necessary
- Support the goals, objective and mission statement set forth by Whitsons
- Other duties as requested by the General Manager.
Able to pass Fingerprint check.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Ability to read and speak English in order to understand and perform job assignments.
Proven computer experience in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Publisher.
Basic bookkeeping skills and business acumen
Will train for Servsafe and Allergen Training Certifications
Prior experience in food service preferred
Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Christopher Nicholas Nicolelis
Location: Blauvelt, NY
Job date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 05:58:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!