Job Vacancy Accountant Rochester Community Schools
Job title: Accountant
Company: Rochester Community Schools
Job description: August 23, 2022
We announce the following vacancy in the Rochester Community Schools. Applications will be accepted until filled.
ACCOUNTANT – BUSINESS SERVICES
TITLE: ACCOUNTANT 1.28
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. * Ability to take direction and work independently.
- Ability to effectively work with all staff and customers.
- Experience and knowledge in financial and accounting software systems.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office software programs.
- Ability to process financial statements, reports, reconciliations and transactions.
- Ability to articulate financial concepts in simple terms.
- Ability to perform banking and investment related activities.
- Experience in governmental accounting and reporting, and specifically with Federal and State grants preferred.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Director of Financial Services
JOB GOAL: To maintain the District’s official accounting records and systems; prepare financial reports and account reconciliations; develop budget forecasts, and provide analytical assistance to clerical and administrative staff relating to financial issues.
SALARY: Coordinator Salary Schedule – $60,000 to $70,000 The successful candidate will be eligible for a comprehensive benefit package including Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, paid holidays, vacation and sick days, as well as any other applicable benefits.
Interested and qualified applicants must complete an online application at:
If you are a current Rochester Community Schools employee you should apply as an internal applicant. A letter of interest outlining your current assignment should be included.
If you are not a current Rochester Community Schools employee you must complete the entire application process.
Selection of an individual to fill this vacancy is determined by the appropriate administrators based upon experience, qualification, and professional attributes.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES: * *Prepares financial reports for Federal, State, and local grants in cooperation with grant coordinators.
- *Provides technical and analytical support to administrative and clerical staff relating to budgets, accounts, reports, and the use of District accounting software, including training on the use of various accounting and financial software programs.
- *Monitors the accounting records of the District, including receipts, disbursements, journal entries, general ledger maintenance, and reconciliations.
- *Supports all audit activity in the governmental and trust funds of the District, and the Rochester Community Schools Foundation; prepares schedules as directed by the Director for successful completion of the annual financial audits.
- *Cross train and process payables, receivables, banking and payroll functions.
- *Supports management of the District’s accounting software program with emphasis on maintaining controls, pursuing enhancements, and maintaining system security.
- *Oversee, complete, or support internal audits and accounting functions as needed.
- *Assists in office supervision in the Director’s absence.
- Advises Director on questions, concerns, updates or changes relating to the business and financial affairs of the District.
- Performs other Business Division activities as assigned by the Director or Assistant Superintendent for Business Affairs.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and year-end reconciliations as assigned.
- Develops and monitors budget forecasts for staffing, benefits, purchased services, supplies, and capital outlay.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: * 12 month position
- 8 hours per day
- Salary and benefits as per Managers, Supervisors & Coordinators Personnel Manual.
- = Essential Job Functions
Revised: 10/96; 8/03; 3/10; 6/19
Job Title : Accountant (1365)
Primary Location : Administration Building
Salary Range : $60,000 – $70,000 / Per Year
Shift Type : Full-Time
Expected salary: $60000 – 70000 per year
Location: Rochester, NY
Job date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 01:19:19 GMT
Apply for the job now!