Job Vacancy Accountant
Job title: Accountant
Job description: Company Profile
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world’s premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Accountant is responsible for making accounting entries into ledger for assigned area. Ensure entries are supported by back-up and are in compliance with applicable accounting standards, company guidelines and entered in a timely manner. Provide support to accounting department for area of responsibility.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for performance of the general accounting functions/tasks, including, but not limited to: accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, asset management, inventory, cost control and others
- Responsible for treasury transactions
- Responsible for sales tax returns
- Ensure entries are accurate and in compliance with company guidelines and applicable accounting standards
- Compile and analyze financial information to ensure completeness, accuracy, valuation, and presentation of all accounts by way of intercompany analysis, accruals, reconciliations & disclosures
- Prepare/Review balance sheet reconciliations in accordance with company guidelines and identify and resolve reconciling items, and unreconciled differences.
- Ensure operation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices or provide recommendations to improve internal controls and policies to management and ensure compliance with those controls and policies within your assigned duties
- Support internal and external audit processes
- Continuing professional development
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Three (3+) plus years of accounting experience
- Good understanding of Local GAAP
- A self-motivated individual who adapts quickly with today’s virtual knowledge, self-disciplined with a teleworking work schedule remotely from home and/or another designated geographic area as needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of current ERP system (PeopleSoft)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Strong analytical skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Systematic, organized, flexible
- Detail oriented
- Capable of managing workload with minimum supervision due to remote work
The position will be Hybrid – Remote work until our return to the office post-pandemic. Employees are expected to be able to travel to their designated office as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Location: Houston, TX
Job date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 07:47:22 GMT
Apply for the job now!