Job Vacancy 2nd Shift General Labor Masonite
Job title: 2nd Shift General Labor
Job description: We heard you knock!
At Masonite, we understand that people are key. We are a composite of diverse people who come together by showing support and respect to one another. We hold the door open for each other and for new ideas. We continuously strive to improve both our products and our customers’ experiences. This drive leads us to revolutionize the door industry and help people walk through walls. Join us!
This position is responsible for assisting in multiple production areas throughout the plant; Final Inspection, PSI Line, and/or other departments as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Will be utilized in the following departments: Final Inspection, PSI line, and/or other areas as needed.
- Visually/Physically inspect doors for defects
- Package doors for shipping; sanding, scraping, steaming and easing
- Read/verify schedules and cut material of varying shapes, sizes, and quantities.
- Scan all required tickets into AX for inventory control and stocking purposes.
- Check doors for proper dimensions and visually inspect for blemishes and all components.
- Move materials with air lift and forklift as needed.
- Pulls doors from stock and line up for all operations needed which may include, re-rail, re-stile, and cut down.
- Organize and optimize space in the warehouse and through the production floor
- Constant communication with up/down stream departments and supervision
- Follow safety and process procedures
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor/management
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: 1-2 years woodworking and forklift experience
- Certifications/Licenses: Forklift and Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO)
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to use basic hand and power tools; tape measure, hammer, caliper, corner chisel, table saw, impact wrench
- Knowledge of skin species
- Knowledge of production schedule and Bill of Materials (BOMs)
- Excellent communication, organization and paperwork skills
- Fast paced and high output demand
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Must have high attention to detail and quality
- Lift 1-30# frequently (up to 50% in a 10-hour day)
- Lift 30-60# regularly (up to 30% in a 10-hour day)
- Lift 60+# occasionally (up to 25% in a 10-hour day)
- Push/Pull 100# with assistance seldom (up to 13% in a 10-hour day)
- Kneel occasionally (up to 25% in a 10-hour day)
- Squat occasionally (up to 25% in a 10-hour day)
- Stoop frequently (up to 25% in a 10-hour day)
- Work with extended arms seldom (up to 13% in a 10-hour day)
- Stand in one spot for long periods
Masonite strives to maintain a target 0% safety incident rate. Safe production weaves worker safety with efficient production into our daily operations. We keep safety at utmost importance and want our employees to go home in the same condition as they arrived at work.
Our Cultural Pillars:
- Integrity Under Pressure
- People are Key
- Hold the Door Open
- Flexibility in Every Fiber
- Results Hinge on Accountability
- Crossing the Threshold
Doors that do more!
Open to extraordinary!
Location: Northumberland, PA
Job date: Sat, 03 Sep 2022 04:24:11 GMT
Apply for the job now!