Job Vacancy 1st Shift General Labor – Belmont, MI Workbox Staffing
Job title: 1st Shift General Labor – Belmont, MI
Company: Workbox Staffing
Job description: $18/hr General production – Belmont, MI
Initiates the folding/gluing process by feeding the gluer with good die-cut product.
Inspects and packs finished product to be shipped to the customer.
Medium to fast pace and very repetitive work, clean environment, can get warm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspect die-cut product for defects and mixed titles.
- load die-cut product into glue machine feeder correctly and efficiently.
- monitor folding and gluing of machine and stop production in the event of jam-ups.
- Clean feeder end of glue machine between every job.
- Check schedule for current job priority.
- Label boxes correctly and efficiently.
- Retains and properly measure, mark and inspect them; quickly alerting operator of any problems.
- Rack finished product into boxes correctly and efficiently.
- Clean end of gluer at the completion of every job/shift.
- Assist in the make-ready process; including layer sheets, corrugated, making labels, and other duties assigned by the operator.
- Alerts management or line operator when product does not meet requirements.
- Helps with the pass-off of information between adjacent shifts, with the goal of minimizing reducing errors & increasing productivity through information sharing.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Able to perform repetitive tasks for long periods of time.
- Shows up on time when scheduled.
- Strictly adheres to all company policies and procedures, complies with safety regulations. Shows respect for co-workers and supervisor.
- Strives to be successful at tasks and to meet or exceed goals. Accepts goals and targets and makes certain they are met.
- Builds cooperative relationships and positively contributes to team objectives. Works effectively and, when appropriate, fellow coworkers’. Willing to follow written and verbal rules, instructions, directives.
- Is able to easily understand instructions and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to lift 2-25 pounds repetitively
- Must be able to stand for 8 to 10 hours a day- Must be able to work overtime when needed
- Must be able to count
- Must be dependable and a hard worker
- Must be able to work Saturdays
Expected salary: $18 per hour
Location: Belmont, MI
Job date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 05:04:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Tags: 1st Belmont control testing garment textile General general production worker iso Job Labor Maintenance manufacturing printing publishing process design control quality assurance Shift Staffing Vacancy Workbox